Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I sent my son to school sick this morning!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies
Because every time he is absent there is a nasty letter sent home threatening to take me to court.

So he is in school with a cough and runny nose.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Wondermom002
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I homeschool my kids so they won't get sick by kids who have parents like you.....
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:43 AM
1 mom liked this
To court? How often is he out of school?
mandy_2536
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:44 AM

Quoting Danesmommy1: To court? How often is he out of school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:44 AM
Wonderful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:46 AM
Is your child on the truency list? And if I kept my kids home for every runny nose and cough we'd have to start home schooling during the winter! No fever, no vomit you get to go to school!
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:46 AM
I have done the same. Unless they were running a fever or had bad enough symptoms to go to the dr.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:46 AM
This

Quoting Danesmommy1: To court? How often is he out of school?
SAHMJC
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM
I've gotten the same letters though think it's odd that you've gotten them so early in the year. Usually they send those letters out after your kid has missed several days or if you haven't been writing excuse notes. I refuse to send my child sick School. I keep her home she only stays home if she's absolutely sick though. I wrote a note each time and I've gotten some of the nasty grams but I tell them to go ahead. I also tell them that if I am taken to court I may have to go to the health department and let them know that they regularly allow children at the school to stay at school sick, which is a big part of the reason my daughter is constantly sick. That usually shuts them up
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM
How often has he missed school? They can't just take you to court cause your child missed school.

My daughters preschool ask to keep all kids home even with runny noses. If my daughter is her self not vomiting she's going to school.
lapcounter
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:50 AM

Quoting bleumonster: I have done the same. Unless they were running a fever or had bad enough symptoms to go to the dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)