Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

dealing with mrsa

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
Has anyone else dealt with it? This is my third one within a year. It's still pretty small but I question whether I need to go to the doctor every time I have one pop up or if it's something I can handle on my own.

I got it first about a year ago when my ex mil broke out with them all over her legs. Is this something I'll always have to worry about, that it'll keep coming back? As far as I know, no one had it for a few months and then this shows up on Monday.

It's on my knee and it's pretty painful, when I move my knee, walk, stretch, etc.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:56 AM
Talk to your doctor to find out why it is coming back so frequently.

Until then keep it clean and bandaged, wash your hands frequently, and use separate linens from the rest of your family.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:57 AM
My cousins entire family got infected with MRSA it took years to stop coming back with vigilant care. Idk what's typical other than that. I just know every few months for years they dealt with outbreaks. Mostly the kids really.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:59 AM
Oh I didn't finish lol. Just keep it clean and covered the entire time. I'd only involve a dr if a high fever is present with it which can happen sometimes.
jd83
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:00 AM

You should go to the doctor every time you have it. It needs to be treated with antibiotics, or it could come back pretty quickly.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:21 AM

How do you know its MRSA?
MRSA is very dangerous...you need to go see your doc so they can do a culture to make sure its MRSA
if it is you need to be on a strong dose of antibiotics, possibily for a long while until its completely gone, otherwise it will continue to come back

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus....its Staph infection..thats bad...and its antibiotic resistant so its much harder to get rid of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:32 AM
I'm 99% sure it is. It started off with a white dot and that dot is like a big blister, and the surrounding area is red. I'm just going by my last 2 experiences with it.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

How do you know its MRSA?MRSA is very dangerous...you need to go see your doc so they can do a culture to make sure its MRSAif it is you need to be on a strong dose of antibiotics, possibily for a long while until its completely gone, otherwise it will continue to come backMethicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus....its Staph infection..thats bad...and its antibiotic resistant so its much harder to get rid of.

maliffy
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:48 AM
1 mom liked this
Anon3 is completely right. If you had cultures with your last 2 experiences and they in fact confirmed that the strain of staph you have is resistant, then you DO need to seek treatment for each outbreak. Your immune system may fight it off, it may not. If your body starts losing that fight, it will be incredibly difficult to treat it if it's left unchecked. Difficult as in spending far longer in the hospital than anyone would like.

It spreads readily from person to person and is potentially fatal in seniors, infants, and those with compromised immune systems.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm 99% sure it is. It started off with a white dot and that dot is like a big blister, and the surrounding area is red. I'm just going by my last 2 experiences with it.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

How do you know its MRSA?MRSA is very dangerous...you need to go see your doc so they can do a culture to make sure its MRSAif it is you need to be on a strong dose of antibiotics, possibily for a long while until its completely gone, otherwise it will continue to come backMethicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus....its Staph infection..thats bad...and its antibiotic resistant so its much harder to get rid of.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:50 AM
That's funny. Really would you not be better off getting the right diagnosis?
Or subject online to
Oh I think?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I'm 99% sure it is. It started off with a white dot and that dot is like a big blister, and the surrounding area is red. I'm just going by my last 2 experiences with it.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:53 AM

You need IV Vancomycin 250mg Q12hours for seven to ten days.

Salut123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:55 AM

We had an oubreak and all had to see the doctor and get tested every six months for years. We even had special cards to show when we entered a hospital and were immediately isolated

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)