Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not taking the kids to school.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this
I text dh before I left asking if he'd take them. He may have been screwing with my but I'm not in the mood. He basically said he wasn't doing it. I'm going to bed. They're finishing up breakfast and if they're going to school he's going to have to take them. It's bullshit that I end up being awake for days at a time and he doesn't step up like he should. If he doesn't take them then he's stuck with them all day.

Update: he took them. I was asleep before he got back. I'm up now and with 6 hours of sleep feel a lot better. Now I have to get moving and get stuff done.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:59 AM
He sounds like an asshole!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:59 AM

Do any of you work? Why won't he help? Why are you up for days on end?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:59 AM
Why are you awake for days at a time? So no one can take care of these kids? Great.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:01 AM
I work nights. He thinks he does help by cooking them breakfast when I'm not here. 99% of the time I take them and pick them up. When I have to get shit done I don't get to sleep because things happen during the day.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:01 AM
He sure has his moments. I'm tired. Not putting up with it today.

Quoting Anonymous 2: He sounds like an asshole!
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:02 AM
This makes no sense.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:08 AM
2 moms liked this

Quoting Anonymous 1: I work nights. He thinks he does help by cooking them breakfast when I'm not here. 99% of the time I take them and pick them up. When I have to get shit done I don't get to sleep because things happen during the day.
Quoting Anonymous 3:

If he isn't working he needs to be at least picking them up and taking care of stuff that happens during the day. You need to put your foot down he sounds lazy.

Once you drop them off you go somewhere and shut the door and get some sleep. Refuse to take care of anything. He can handle it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Does it give you some sort of satisfaction by being nasty to other people who are obviously struggling? Obviously if she's up for days on end, part of it is because she has kids to take care of.

Good for you if you've never dealt with that situation or have people to help you. Some of us don't. It's rather pretentious to assume you can draw conclusions about others' lives when you know very little detail. Cheers for giving an unhelpful answer to a mom who is clearly having a rough time.

I hope when you're at your wits end that other people here are more kind and empathetic to your situation.

Also, I suggest a proctologist for an immediate stick removal procedure.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Why are you awake for days at a time? So no one can take care of these kids? Great.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:09 AM
Men just think the times you do not want to deal with them that they have to be stupid! They think its funny for some reason. Sorry your DH is being a pain! Just take a relaxing shower/bath, and then get to bed before the crazy starts again!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:10 AM
I try to keep a balance between tension and fighting and sort of forcing him to help. I have a long term plan. I just need to complain sometimes so I don't lose my shit. He took them. Guess he got the message but I promise if I had just done it he wouldn't stop me.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Quoting Anonymous 1: I work nights. He thinks he does help by cooking them breakfast when I'm not here. 99% of the time I take them and pick them up. When I have to get shit done I don't get to sleep because things happen during the day.

Quoting Anonymous 3:

If he isn't working he needs to be at least picking them up and taking care of stuff that happens during the day. You need to put your foot down he sounds lazy.

Once you drop them off you go somewhere and shut the door and get some sleep. Refuse to take care of anything. He can handle it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)