Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you use home/ private childcare providers... .

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:24 AM
  • 8 Replies
Help me out, please! ☺️ I'm a small home daycare provider, have been doing this for 4 years and love it! I have a vacancy now that the oldest in my care has moved up to school. It's been a couple of years since I've had to fill a spot....

* Where did you find your provider?
* Besides location and price, what gets your attention/ draws you in when looking at an ad?
* Do you prefer short, sweet and to the point ads or more detail?

Thanks in advance, ladies!
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
LBJK2
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:27 AM

My provider only takes people referred through current or former clients.

Wondermom002
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Care.com
bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:31 AM
1 mom liked this
Referrals.
lady-J-Rock
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:33 AM
1 mom liked this
The licensing agency kept track of who had immediate openings, who would have an opening soon and who has a longer waiting list. When parents call or fill out the child care subsidy packets they're given a list of available daycare providers. I never had an issue with having spots filled.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:49 AM
Every few years when a few of my littles go off to Kindergarten I have spots to fill. If nobody on my waiting list (which is not very long) is still in need of care then I offer a referral bonus to my current clients. If I enroll someone they referred then after 8 weeks they get a $50 gift card of their choice and the new enrollment gets a $25 gift card. It's all deductible too!
knoxmomof2
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:17 PM
Thanks for the reply! Has she done childcare for very long? "They" say that's how it works after enough time in the business. I've gotten 1 referral that way previously.

Quoting LBJK2:

My provider only takes people referred through current or former clients.

knoxmomof2
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:20 PM
I've considered that. Thanks! 👍☺️

Quoting Anonymous 1: Every few years when a few of my littles go off to Kindergarten I have spots to fill. If nobody on my waiting list (which is not very long) is still in need of care then I offer a referral bonus to my current clients. If I enroll someone they referred then after 8 weeks they get a $50 gift card of their choice and the new enrollment gets a $25 gift card. It's all deductible too!
tddncw2010
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:21 PM
1 mom liked this
We use a really good family friend that has a licensed home day care.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)