Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is this even remotely "trash talk"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
1 mom liked this

I was at cross country practice with my dd this morning.  They were doing some wind sprints and I made the comment. "Dang..Jenny has gotten fast.  She is flying". Jenny is not my child.  She has run with my child for years.  She was never slow.  She has a,ways been fast.  But now...dang it's like her feet don't touch the ground.  It was a compliment.  There were two other parents there but not Jenny's.  One mom told me I shouldn't talk smack and that trash talk isn't adult like.

I thought it was funny and sent Jenny's mom a text telling her the exact same comment I made.  She said "Thanks for the compliment and would I please tell Jenny the same because she worked hard all summer."  Apparently thr other mom sent her a text as well.  We think the other mom needs to learn the actual definition of trash talk.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:16 AM
Lol! That's hilarious. The other mom was just looking for something to bitch about.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:17 AM
She probably thinks you're a bully too.. I would gift her a dictionary
Sweet_Eagle
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:18 AM
The other moms sound a little dramatic. Next time tell them they aren't on Dance Moms so cool it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:21 AM
Tell them to fuck off or to just mind their business.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:27 AM

Sounds like she misheard you.

fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:29 AM
I'm thinking she didn't hear exactly what you said, or well idk, comprehension seems to be lacking in a lot of people these days. It is very possible she heard exactly what you said and still didn't comprehend a compliment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:29 AM

Just start laughing as you tell her to shut up.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:32 AM
I have hearing trouble in my old age and I probably would have heard, "dang, Jenny has gotten bad. She's dying". If I would have been in your situation, I would have asked the lady if she heard what I said and then repeated it and explained it was a compliment.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:48 AM

But obviously  this lady knew Jenny  so she could see that Jenny was leading the pack by a good bit.  Saying she was bad wouldn't have made sense.

Quoting Anonymous 7: I have hearing trouble in my old age and I probably would have heard, "dang, Jenny has gotten bad. She's dying". If I would have been in your situation, I would have asked the lady if she heard what I said and then repeated it and explained it was a compliment.

Hanab818
by ThePonds on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:54 AM
Hahahahahahah 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

She's probably one of those people that isn't happy unless they are bitching about something.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)