• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Inside the Jehovahs Witness mind....*PICS of FB replies* WARNING: reading involved!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

Many do not know much about the Jehovahs Witness religion. From the outside they seem like nice simple people. Maybe a little strange...a little off. I know, I grew up a JW. For the most part...they are! It's the leaders ( Faithful and Discreet Slave or Governing Body) who are the dangerous ones. You can't read this post from FB and the comments and tell me otherwise.

It's the same as its always been....only getting worse! The end is here! Just around the corner! Don't live for today! Your lives begin after Armageddon! Ever since the 1700's the end of the "system of things" has been near or right around the corner. I personally know some who listened to the publications, talks, conventions and did not have a plan for the future, did not have more kids,didn't go to school, didn't even get dental work done because it was predicted the end would come in 1975. They organizations either claim it wasn't said and published or their publications are "old light" and apostate.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. People's lives were ruined. Many still continue to be because of rules, rule changes, old light and the fear mongering with end of the world videos, making go bags and such. You can see it in the comments. Just a little glimpse.

Why do I care? Most of my family and all my friends are still in.When I was in the faith I was not allowed to make friends in the world....just the organization. It's still the same. I care about them. I worry about them!!! Because I decided to leave as an adult I have been shunned. I am a part of the world and " diseased minded" And I'm pretty sure they are calling me an apostate. It's so sad. I tried reaching out. No success. It's all I can do. They refuse to check into the religious leaders and what the organization is involved in. It's against their religion. They are to put all their trust in these men. I fear just how far this will go! And they claim they follow the bible closely. But the bible warns about putting trust in men! And Jesus is the mediator! The leaders are actually calling themselves God's Channel now! Hello?!? The bible also warns in the end time even the chosen ones...even the faithful and discreet slave could be thrown in with the hypocrites! So woukd it not make sense to make sure of all things? Sorry if I'm getting preachy but if I can help one person it's worth it!

This is a JW FB group one of my family members has joined....that actually was not a closed group. Reading many of the posts just made me sick! Sick and worried for my loved ones! Here is a post where it looks like some are torn on if they should have a retirement or not! Many comments were deleted....not surprised! All that was left was mostly comments in favor of putting all their trust in God because the end is so near. Sounds like cult speech to me!
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:04 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM
You expect us to read all of this shit?
mamaracheli
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM
I can completely relate to this, except my family isn't Jehovah's Witness.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:06 AM
Nope, not doing this
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:07 AM
Nope...move on to the next post. I don't expect much at all. Many do not care.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You expect us to read all of this shit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:08 AM
Glad you're aware

Quoting Anonymous 1: Nope...move on to the next post. I don't expect much at all. Many do not care.

Quoting Anonymous 2: You expect us to read all of this shit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM
I used to work for a small business run by a family of JWs. They were really nice, but also super weird. Another woman who worked there was a JW and got pregnant. They kicked her out of the church and wouldn't speak to her any more. A member of the family died. I went to the funeral and it was completely fucked up. Another member of the family left JW and went completely off the rails,like they were trying to live through their 20s again, but as a 45 year old. Prior to leaving, they were very deep in, like working their way up the church ladder.
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM
I know exactly what you are saying. I grew up as a JW and am now disfellowshipped. I moved on a long time ago and let go of all those that are still in, for my own mental well being.
NiamhWitch
by Póg mo thóin on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM

As someone who was raised a JW, these comments (in the FB group) don't surprise me at all... lol.

I'm just laughing at the idea of not saving for retirement because Armageddon is surly just around the corner, haha.

SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:12 AM
1 mom liked this
Every religion has those that go too far. My DH is JW as is his family. I converted prior to becoming his wife. My DS isn't part of the religion. He loves the Mennonite church up the street so that's where he goes for service.

We are saving for a house currently and then will begin to fund our retirement. I have friends and family in all religions as does my husband.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)