Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

People who live paycheck to paycheck

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 159 Replies
You make enough to just get by. Your cars and home are older. You sometimes get behind on bills. You go on a road trip vacation once a year if you're lucky.

Where do YOU get your financial advice from???

I need someone who knows how to help me dig out of my financial hole but I don't know where to find them. I called my bank and it seems they're only interested in helping choose which CD or stocks to invest in...
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:33 AM

im there with you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM
12 moms liked this
I just used common sense. For instance, living paycheck to paycheck meant we didn't take road trip vacations.
Sweet_Eagle
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:35 AM
3 moms liked this
Call a financial advisor? Listen to a Dave Ramsey podcast?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:36 AM
Yeah... Mostly common sense as a PP mentioned. Budget and stick to it.
dragonborn
by Wonderstruck on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:38 AM
I get more advice from family and friends. We kinda live paycheck to paycheck. We're never behind on bills though, and we try to take a day trip vacation at least once a month. We make do.
jamamama00
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:40 AM
5 moms liked this
It's pretty simple. You either need to make more money or reduce your bills. If you can't reduce your bills then you need to make more money.....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this
You can use a financial advisor or listen to Dave Ramsey or use common sense. We used to live paycheck to paycheck and used common sense to get out. Don't buy stuff unless you have the cash to buy it. Pay all the bills first and on time.
hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this

Budget.  Are you ADD or ADHD?  I am and was horrible with money pre-meds.  I'm much better now - not out of hte woods but better.  Definitely do a budget.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM
4 moms liked this
We keep chickens, grow our own food, drink mostly water, watch our utility use, cook at home, camp in the back yard, make coffee at home, buy used when we can, shop for food every few days, (when we stock up the kids waste more), try to stock up on taxables when on sale, try to avoid late fees, and we had the cable off for almost a year while catching up on other things.
Famousglm714
by Gina on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:46 AM

You need an accountant or financial adviser. Google one in your area but try to check reviews. Or ask around. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)