Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I had to go identify DD's body today

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

It was the worst experience of my life. I got a call from the police saying they think they have found DD's. She is 21 and took off a year ago to "live life like an adult" and no one in the family has heard from her since. 

I got there thinking the worst. Walking into the room I just felt numb. I looked down at the table and just started crying. It wasnt her but it was still heart breaking. I still dont know where she is and all I can do is think about the parents of the poor girl laying there. While I thank god it wasnt DD that is someone's daughter who died way too soon. That is someones daughter that they will have to identify. A beautiful young woman taken from the world. 

I still dont know where DD is. I dont know if she is okay. You would think I feel better knowing that it wasnt her  ut my feelings are even more messed up than before. 

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:38 AM
Hugs.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:38 AM
1 mom liked this

So glad it wasn't your daughter and my heart breaks for whomevers daughter it was.

Famousglm714
by Gina on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM

This made my heart sink. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I hope you find her soon. 

KTU
by Kim on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM

That is definitely a tough situation. I am sorry you had to go through that, but happy your DD is still alive. Hopefully, she will find her way back to your family.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:40 AM
How awful.

Hugs
rachel216
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:41 AM
Wow it must be an awful feeling! I'm glad it wasn't your dd though. I'm sorry you haven't seen or heard from your dd. Could you hire a PI to help locate her?
ReedusStalker
by 11-15/3-27 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:42 AM

Wow.  I am so sorry.  So she's not on FB or anything?  I mean, I'm not on FB but I thought everyone else was.  Have you tried searching for her there?

hotspice58
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:43 AM

So sorry.  Have you tried looking for her on social media?  She may be friends with other family members and they're not saying anything.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:43 AM

Yes we have. She cut out everyone in her life before she left. We have no clue where she is or anything. There were rumors she moved to another country but we have no clue on anything. 

Quoting ReedusStalker:

Wow.  I am so sorry.  So she's not on FB or anything?  I mean, I'm not on FB but I thought everyone else was.  Have you tried searching for her there?

Mrs.standafer
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:45 AM
I'm so sorry you are having to go through that. I can't imagine. I hope you get answers soon.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)