Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This guy im dating isn't very expressive.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
He's all about actions, not words which is a great thing! I think it speaks volumes about his character which is why I continued seeing him even though I didn't initially care for him too much.

He didn't tell me I was beautiful till the 4th date. He really doesn't say how he feels about me. He's just made it clear he wants to see me and has made future plans with me. He texts to ask how im doing but he's often short and doesn't really flirt. He flirts with me in person but it took a while to get him there. He's way more passionate than I ever anticipated because he kept it all secret. He just wanted me to paint my own picture.

I've never really dated a guy like this. He makes me feel secure but sometimes I wish he'd sweet talk me more. I know it's not him and he won't. He's the first guy that's actually spoken to and treated me like a normal person rather than a goal or prize.

Have you ever fallen for a guy like this? Is the lack of expression hard for you? I do like him, it's just different I guess.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Marivilla
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:57 AM
Maybe he's gay and wants you as his beard
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this
He fucked me like a demon five times in a row.....

Quoting Marivilla: Maybe he's gay and wants you as his beard
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:26 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Bump
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM

Do you always look for reasons to break up with awesome guys?

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:44 AM

This is my husband pretty much exactly.

His actions speak for his heart...But when he does articulate his feelings, it generally melts me. He penned me a letter this past year on Mother's Day and it made me cry ugly happy tears.

noreply110
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:59 AM
My SO doesn't ever tell me I'm pretty beautiful, etc. He just started telling me he loves me daily, because he knows it's important to me. He just doesn't express himself verbally. He has very high functioning Asperger's, and words aren't where he's strong. But I have never felt more safe, confident and loved in a relationship. The man sees a need and fills it before I'm aware it exists. He is a general contractor, and I came home one day at lunch and he was just putting gutters on my house (we don't live together). Because I had said in an offhand way I was concerned I didn't have any. That is one example of a million I could give.

I've dated men who have beautiful words. But their actions are horrible. Words are easy. You have a man that shows you how he feels. That is so much better than fancy pretty words.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:03 PM
I've been seeing a guy, similar in his ways. It has been different, it's strange not knowing much of anything when he is so quiet. Lol it's going to take awhile to really get to know him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:04 PM
I am NOT breaking up with him!!!

Quoting corticosteroid:

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM

Oh, you will.  You will.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I am NOT breaking up with him!!!
Quoting corticosteroid:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)