Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

They wanted to ID MY DAUGHTER

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
At Wal-Mart because I was buying beer. They asked for my ID. I handed it to them. Then he asked for my 16 yr old dd ID. I SAID umm she's my daughter so she doesn't have an ID. HE said oh I didn't know I thought y'all were sisters. This has never happened where they asked her for an ID before even though people have mistaken us for sisters in the past. I do wonder why they were wanting to ID her since I was buying it.

All my dd said was ewww.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cajunqueenslsg8
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:50 PM
2 moms liked this
Walmart usually will not sell beer to someone if they have a minor with them. At least here, that is how it is done.
CrazyMommy87
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:51 PM
My dh only gets id'd when I'm there. It's to make sure you weren't buying for a minor.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:52 PM
I think it's just safety reasons for them to check. Cause you said people have mistaken you both for sisters. So that's probable why.

But if my husband is buying beer or some thing they just check his ID not mine.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:52 PM
I have never had them ask my kids for an ID before

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: Walmart usually will not sell beer to someone if they have a minor with them. At least here, that is how it is done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Where do you live?

Every walmart I went to allows adult to buy beer when a minor is with them.

Quoting Cajunqueenslsg8: Walmart usually will not sell beer to someone if they have a minor with them. At least here, that is how it is done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:53 PM

To make sure you weren't buying for a minor.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:53 PM
Most places don't with parents and kids but if they assume you are friends or siblings they check. I get carded when my husband is buying beer but they obviously don't card our kids.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I have never had them ask my kids for an ID before

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:54 PM
1 mom liked this

they are required to take every ID in your "party" or they will get in trouble and most times they will refuse to give you the beer if you have a minor. when we go and we have dh's younger sister she goes to a separate check out so its not an issue

K3412
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:55 PM

It's Walmart's policy where I live. If I'm with DH, we both get ID'd. If I don't have my ID, they won't sell the him at all. We've asked what they would do if we had a teen child with us, and they never could give a straight answer.

cheekacheeka
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:55 PM

That's weird. They ID whomever is paying for it here. Did your daughter put the beer on the counter for you? I can see them trying to card her if she did. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)