• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms & Guns

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I've been wanting a handgun to conceal carry for a few years. I want to start the process and hopefully have one by my birthday in mid October. What should I expect as far as the application process and what type of gun would you suggest. I'd love a pink girly gun. Also I've never actually shot a gun only bob guns.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lenashark
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:06 PM
2 moms liked this

I think you should spend a lot of time getting used to a gun and take classes before you try to get your conceal carry permit. Someone who carries a gun, but is inexperienced in using it, is very dangerous. I'm personally against the pink girly gun look, it's a weapon, not an accessory, but that's up to you.

eadyT
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM
This.

Quoting lenashark:

I think you should spend a lot of time getting used to a gun and take classes before you try to get your conceal carry permit. Someone who carries a gun, but is inexperienced in using it, is very dangerous. I'm personally against the pink girly gun look, it's a weapon, not an accessory, but that's up to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM
I have several friends willing to teach me(they have also taught their children to shoot). I only want concealed carry as I live in the mountains and have broken down late at night. We don't have street lights, shoulders or cell reception in most areas. I'd feel safer having to walk with protection.
Cbreland07
by CranioMama on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:11 PM
I'd say get some practice in before you buy a gun.. Getting your hands on a weapon you don't know how to handle isn't the best idea, and that's when accidents happen
eadyT
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
Just one other thought. Anyone who owns a gun for protection needs to make sure they can actually use it for that.

As someone who has had to use her firearm to save her life you have to be ready and willing as soon as you pull the gun.

It's the difference between your life and that of your families.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)