Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I give in!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 54 Replies
For years I have tried to raise my family that we care for the home as a family. That each person should do his or her best to see to it that the home is clean and orderly and well cared for.

If you walk into a room leave it improved. If you see a mess clean it up.

But DH and my kids have fought it tooth and nail for years. "It's not fair! I shouldn't have to put that toy away I didn't leave it out!

DH and I had ANOTHER fight about it today. He says the house would be cleaner if I stopped expecting everyone to clean up after everybody else and only asked them to do their fair share. Their own.

So I give up. I give in. It's done.

From now on each of us will ONLY do what we are responsible for! including me. I will only wash dishes I use. I will only tidy rooms I use. I will only wash dry and fold laundry I use. I will only vacuum parts of the floor I use, so not the up stairs or dh's man cave or the back hallway. I will only cook food I eat.

We'll see how clean the house is in a week.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelee1
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:02 PM

I'd like to know how that goes.  However I bet you cave because it gets dirty fast.  

mojogirl
by Ouiser Boudreaux on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:03 PM

that's brilliant!!

blue-heart
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this
Please update us!!
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM

It will be a disaster and what will that prove other than you have a messy house now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM
I'm going to force myself. I'm going to stick by dh's plan until the end of September so I'll have all of October to get ready for holiday season when if fails.

Quoting Kaelee1:

I'd like to know how that goes.  However I bet you cave because it gets dirty fast.  

wine-thirty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

LMFAO @ the vacuuming only parts of the floor that you use. That's HILARIOUS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:06 PM
I hope at the very least it stops DH from constantly starting fights with me every time I try to get someone to chip in!

I am SO SICK of being told it's not fair that I ask someone to wash the dishes because "I only used one plate!"

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

It will be a disaster and what will that prove other than you have a messy house now?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:08 PM
I am dead serious. There are parts of this house I never even enter except to clean. And if I'm not cleaning these rooms anymore that means I shouldn't have to vacuum them either.

Quoting wine-thirty:

LMFAO @ the vacuuming only parts of the floor that you use. That's HILARIOUS.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM

I wish you luck!

It's a form of a strike and maybe your family will get on board and life will be better after this is over.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)