Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O on Jehovah's Witness Post, Is It Rude....

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM
  • 76 Replies

....if someone comes door to door with their religion to try and tell them to join your religion instead?

To tell them you think their religion is wrong?

To tell them you think they follow crazy nonsense?

I'm curious as to what you all think the responsibility is to someone who shows up at your door trying to sell you on their religion.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

I mean...they have to expect it. They are basically doing the same thing. 

I personally won't even answer the door and just avoid the whole confrontation. If they walk up on me outside I tell them they are trespassing and to bugger off.

Marivilla
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:10 PM
5 moms liked this
If someone knocks on my door while the kids a napping and wakes them up, they better be prepared to die.
mamaracheli
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I just don't answer the door. We've only had one Jehovah's Witness come to our door and we told them we are Jewish and happily so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:12 PM
I just firmly say "No, thank you" and shut the door.
twoboysforus
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:16 PM

I am always polite. I listen to their "speech" and then just politely tell them that I disagree with their beliefs and move on with my day. No one has ever continued to badger me. Once I tell them that I disagree with them, they move on pretty quickly.

HHx5
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:17 PM
I don't think it's rude at all. My door, my house - better get prepared to be offered a bottled water, a Bible, a bunch of noise from the kids running to see who is at the door, and my opinions.
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:17 PM

I usually dont answer the door but if I do I politely tell them now is a bad time or I'm ill.  That usually works.  No I'm not going to debate that only adds fuel to the fire.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:19 PM

I just say I'm not interested.  I don't care enough about them to even waste my time.

The think I hate and think poorly of JW is that they drag their kids door to door with them and use them as a shield.  They suck

mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:21 PM
I have literally never been proselytized by JWs.
Pink.Sunshine
by Petty Princess on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:22 PM

I've told those people that we have no plans converting to any denomination whatsoever and to stop coming to my door. They came again last week, they got cursed out. They should learn how to listen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)