Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can I use this to make a coconut curry?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

Mobile Photo

I asked DH to get me coconut milk, I have only ever used canned to make it.
He brought this!
Will it work?
What else can I do with it if not, he bought 4. Lol.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SergeantSausage
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:37 PM

I don't think it contains to actual cream that you get in the can, so you won't get the same consistency. It's like buying almond milk...It's for things like drinking or cereal, baking, etc. The cream is key.

SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:39 PM
So weird...i was just wobdering this the othee day! It may not be as thick because the milk in the carton is made for drinking so I think they seperate the cream, whereas the canned stuff still has thr cream. If youre making curry I would just add some tomato paste or so.e kind of thickener to make up for it.
SunshneDaydream
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:39 PM
As for the rest of it, it's great in smoothies, or you can cook rice in it with some water to give it coconut flavor.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:42 PM

It may not even taste like coconut.  I know the so delicious brand of coconut milk has no coconut taste.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM
No, that's like milk for cereal and stuff. If you're doing like a thick dal it might be ok but if you depending on the coconut milk to Be a sauce it won't work.
MIA0223
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:44 PM
That's funny. I figured the same :/
I love the rice idea, and it reminded me I did a coconut shrimp and rice an veggies a few years ago! I will have to try that again. Dd has been asking for seafood recently so t will be a hit 😂

Quoting SunshneDaydream: So weird...i was just wobdering this the othee day! It may not be as thick because the milk in the carton is made for drinking so I think they seperate the cream, whereas the canned stuff still has thr cream. If youre making curry I would just add some tomato paste or so.e kind of thickener to make up for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)