Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Migraines!!!!

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:55 PM
  • 51 Replies
They are freaking torture. If you get them, does anything help?

I think this is a PMS induced migraine as my period is due at the end of the week. Usually they aren't this bad. I felt good yesterday, then after dinner it came on full blown within about an hour. Usually I feel a migraine coming on for half a day before it really hits. I'm laying in the bed in the dark with a cold cloth on my head. Light hurts, my day is screwed 😡 Ain't no body got time for this!
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HHx5
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:00 PM
Bump
fightlikegirl.2
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM
I get them horribly. They usually last anywhere from a few days to a few months. My longest was 74 days
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:02 PM
Sometimes ice or heat helps a little. I get them chronically and nothing really works.
cdb7519
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM

My son started getting them when he was 2.  The only thing that has ever helped him was periactin.  It is by prescription only. 

HHx5
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:03 PM
Omg, a long one for me is 72 hrs.

Quoting fightlikegirl.2: I get them horribly. They usually last anywhere from a few days to a few months. My longest was 74 days
HHx5
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:04 PM
Googling that med now

Quoting cdb7519:

My son started getting them when he was 2.  The only thing that has ever helped him was periactin.  It is by prescription only. 

Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:05 PM
For me it was when I started to see my chiropractor did they go almost away. In 13 years I have only had one. That was after my youngest was born. It was due to all the hormones. What he had me do was write down what I ate and drank and when I got them. For me too much caffeine gave me them. So I cut caffeine way back. I only now have it when we go out to eat.

Hope you figure out something that helps for you.
cdb7519
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:07 PM

The doc told me that it is a very very old antihistimine and they discovered that people that have migraines didn't get them when they were taking this particular medicine so they started prescribing it as a migraine preventative.

Quoting HHx5: Googling that med now
Quoting cdb7519:

HHx5
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:07 PM
Thanks! Me too!

Quoting Raeann11: For me it was when I started to see my chiropractor did they go almost away. In 13 years I have only had one. That was after my youngest was born. It was due to all the hormones. What he had me do was write down what I ate and drank and when I got them. For me too much caffeine gave me them. So I cut caffeine way back. I only know have it when we go out to eat.

Hope you figure out something that helps for you.
MythrylHavoc
by Data on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:08 PM
My ds takes it too for his migraines. Promethazine is another that sometimes helps.

Quoting cdb7519:

The doc told me that it is a very very old antihistimine and they discovered that people that have migraines didn't get them when they were taking this particular medicine so they started prescribing it as a migraine preventative.

Quoting HHx5: Googling that med now

Quoting cdb7519:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)