Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Never said anything bad about her dad but her dad tells dd horrible things

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Every time dd comes from her dad's house she always has questions about what I was like before I met her dad. Her dad always tell her lies, starting with telling her a was lonely & didnt have any friends in high school until he came long (not true, had plenty of friends) he told her bullies use to beat me up all the time and he had to fight them off (yeah right) he also told her something painful about my past. I was raped along time ago and he told her a bad man made mommy do something she didnt want to do. My daughter asked me one day "Daddy told me a bad man made you do something bad. What did he make you do?" Shes only 10 years old. I do not know why my ex feels he needs to tell her lies about me. Ive asked him several times not to talk bad about me but he does anyway. Ive only spoken positive about him in front of her. This is really getting under my skin. Should I just stop sending her over his house?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
AmiJanell
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:01 PM

I would say just that to her... "I don't know why he feels the need to tell lies about me, but the stories he tells aren't true and you should ignore them"

And if she comes home with weird stories... I'd just tell her the truth, I'd try not to get defensive... like if she was told you had no friends, I'd be like... "you know what would be fun? Lets look through some of my old school stuff" and you could pull out a year book or something and look through it together. 

Then your stories are backed by memories and spending time together... and his will just come across as lies and hurtful.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:04 PM
Do you have a lawyer? Is there a custody order?
Sweet_Eagle
by Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:08 PM
Well, that's called parental alienation.

I would have DD go to a therapist or counsellor and have the alienation documented. Then I'd take him to court and have this put to a stop.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:10 PM
If don't have to send her there I wouldn't and tell him exact why. I'd go on joint supervised outings so they could visit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM
I would have supervised visits. Hes obviously immature and hasnt gotten over you since hes still talking about you. Men.........
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:16 PM
Theres a custody order for her to go to his house on the weekends, we have joint. No i do not have an attorney.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Do you have a lawyer? Is there a custody order?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)