• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I really need to get the hell out of here!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

i work at a law firm and i can't work here anymore.  I am screamed at all day long for things like (the lawyer got a phone call and i interrupted his poker game, and so and so didn't pay his bill and the appointment that the attorney set arrived again intterupting another poker game).  the partners take money under the table and have now started asking me to not tell the office manager who is now of course not reflecting the payments she doesn't know about on the bills.  he over bills drastically (i'm talking like one day he billed over 120 hours before the day had even started).  this place is eating me alive.  i'm tired of being blamed because the owner doesn't have enough money.  BTW he takes a paycheck of $10,000 every two weeks and according to the office manager maxes out the office credit card twice a month (with a $10,000 limit each time) buying cigarettes and eating out and getting new tires every three months and his car payments and mortgages and stuff, not to mention the aformentioned cash being taken.  Meanwhile I get paid $26,000 a year.  i have receently found that other companies (companies hiring) are paying starting three to five dollars more an hour and are probably much much more honest.   the icing on the cake was this weekend when my boss contacted me to tell me that he's going to give me four cell phones that need to be taken home and answered evenings and weekends, no extra pay.  I told him no.  he's been treating me like shit since.

this place is eating me alive and i don't know what to do to move foreward.  i have been applying but only just started a few weeks ago.  the tricky part is going to be getting the interview set up without them noticing i'm taking extra time off

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wine-thirty
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM

Call in sick for the interviews.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 1:59 PM

i think that's what i'm going to do

Quoting wine-thirty:

Call in sick for the interviews.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)