Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My dd didn't like what I made for lunch so I

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
1 mom liked this

made her a sandwhich instead because I dont force my kid to eat something she doesnt like. I couldnt imagine someone forcing me to eat brussel sprouts. screw that!

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:13 PM

Makes sense to me.  Its not like you could enforce it from home anyways.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:14 PM
Unless it's a new recipe, we always make food our daughter likes. I'm not going to cater to her whims. She's two and changes her mind every 10 seconds. She just has to deal with getting the first thing she asked for and I started making.

Also Brussels sprouts are good if they're made correctly. Too many people suck at cooking veggies though.
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:16 PM
3 moms liked this

I don't force my kids to eat if they don't want what is served but they also don't get anything else until the next meal.  Their choice.

mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:19 PM
I adore brussel sprouts! YUM! If my kids pack their lunches, they pack their own. I just ask what they want from the store. It just has to include something with protein and fruits/veggies.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:19 PM
I don't force DS to eat it, I just don't make him anything else.
SommelierMom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:22 PM
I make one meal. Eat it or don't.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:25 PM

My kids eat what they are given. If it's new they have to try 3 big bites before they can say if they like it or not. If they don't, there's always sides they can have until the next meal.

olivejuice2
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:27 PM
This. They get what I serve and if they don't eat it, fine. No big deal. They will eat later.

I do try to serve at least one thing I know they like, and for breakfast and lunch I usually let them choose what they want. Once it's made I'm not making something different though.

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I don't force my kids to eat if they don't want what is served but they also don't get anything else until the next meal.  Their choice.

September-days
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM
We always went by the saying , this isn't Burger King, you get what's made or don't eat at all.
admsj5
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:30 PM
Usually if I make something that someone really doesn't like they are free to have a sandwich or cereal. That rarely happens though.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)