• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Creeper on the bus....

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this
My daughter 17 takes the city bus to college yesterday for the second time an older guy (same guy) has gotten in the nearly empty bus with her and sat right next to her and proceeded to ask her a million questions. Everything from how far she has to walk from the bus stop to if she's had lunch yet. Both times she has had ear buds in and a book.

I told her to sit near the driver if possible and if he starts to get off at the same stop as her either go straight into the campus police station, which is right by the bus stop or if on the way home call or text and stay in the bus and I will pick her up at the next bus stop.

I feel like she needs mace but my husband thinks that's a bad idea because what if she gets freaked out and uses it on someone that didn't mean to hurt her. Any suggestions?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:26 PM
Rape whistle and mace. Plus what you suggested.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM

Fuck that. I'd buy her mace and if possible get her a taser.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:29 PM

Get her some mace. I'd rather my child accidentally mace someone who had no ill intentions than to have to deal with my child being raped/murdered.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:31 PM

Coincidentally, I just read something...one of those click bait stories, I think--but it was a similar situation--and after a few weeks of doing this, the old man gave the girl a note asking her out, etc....  She started taking a slightly later bus, I think.   

What sets me on edge is how prevelent snatching up young women and putting them into the sex trafficking has become--I'd tell her the same as you--sit near the driver and be very very aware.  The driver is responsible for her safety on the bus, so if this guy is harassing her, it's within his "power" to put the guy off the bus.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 2:34 PM
I also told her if there is room on the bus to sit on the aisle seat so no one can sit next to her easily and she won't be "trapped" by the person sitting next to her. She tried to ignore him but when she wouldn't answer he would tap her shoulder. I told her if it happens again to tell him to not touch her and if he continues to say something to the bus driver.
The first time was a few weeks ago but she remembered him when she saw him get on the bus yesterday.

Quoting Anonymous 5:

Coincidentally, I just read something...one of those click bait stories, I think--but it was a similar situation--and after a few weeks of doing this, the old man gave the girl a note asking her out, etc....  She started taking a slightly later bus, I think.   

What sets me on edge is how prevelent snatching up young women and putting them into the sex trafficking has become--I'd tell her the same as you--sit near the driver and be very very aware.  The driver is responsible for her safety on the bus, so if this guy is harassing her, it's within his "power" to put the guy off the bus.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Sep. 9, 2016 at 4:33 AM

She needs mace and a taser

corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 9, 2016 at 4:35 AM

Your daughter should tell the man to leave her alone please, loudly.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)