• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would this bother you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you clean it?

Options:

yes

no

other answer in comments

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

My now 30yo sister and her df and their ds and her sd and ss lived with my parents until 2-3 wks ago and my 25yo brother still lives with my parents. I have not lived with them in a very long time (I'm 28) and we did fall into a bad situation the end of last year and asked my parents if we could stay with them for about a month or so to get back on our feet. We were told no cause they didn't have the room. We ended up staying where we were and working things out thankfully. 1 month later my brother moves in and a month after that my sister moved in. Ok whatever... Well my sister moved out and left a mess behind. We went over last weekend so my son could see his papa. My dad made a comment about how it was good that I was there so I could help my mom clean up the dinning room (the mess my nasty ass sister left and my brothers dirty ass clothes). I sarcastically said "why should I it isn't my stuff?" but laughed and said "OKAY" . My mom then comments on how she is "so fucking tired of hearing that shit". I ignored it and just went on with my day and she never said anything about it again. Well today I am at my parents house and my dad is trying to convince me to come over tomorrow to clean it. One, no I am not cleaning up someone elses mess in someone elses house. Two, they haven't bothered to ask either my sister or my brother to clean it seeing as it is their shit. Three, I am here today because I am on medical leave due to a hysterectomy and dh had stuff to do and didn't want me alone. Four, medical leave again and I don't even clean my own home right now as per dr orders because I am not healing well.

Sorry for the rambling. I am just extremely irritated that both my parents expect me to clean up after my sister and my brother both of whom 1-2 months after being told they didn't have the room for myself my dh and our ds were allowed to move in.. FUCK THAT NOISE.. Tell those lazy fuckers to clean it...

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faerie75
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:07 PM

i would have directly said no in your sitch and if they had an attitude id have left ^shrug^ thankfully my family arent assholes. sorry :(

Salut123
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:08 PM

So, stop going to visit. Problem solved.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:09 PM
No I would not clean their mess up. I'd also limit my time over there. I'm not saying cut off contact, but I wouldn't be over unless necessary for awhile.
emandab
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:10 PM
Wow, they are being huge assholes!
two4one
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:10 PM

Absolutely not. I would help if they themselves got into a hoarder type situation, or were injured and needed assistnace. But cleaning up my siblings messes when they haven't been asked to is a big F no.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:11 PM
You and your family sound like a hot mess.

Of my mother asks me for a favor I typically help her out.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:15 PM
Offer moral support.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:17 PM

I wasn't asked. I was told good you are hear now you can help. That isn't being asked and even if I was asked I still shouldn't be expected to clean up after my adult siblings who can but won't clean up after themselves. How am I a hot mess? I have my own home and vehicle I pay my own bills etc. My sister and her df only moved out because her df got a settlement and that money is already gone. Neither have a job and they bought a truck that MY DH had to work on from 9 am until 1 am just to get it running because they couldn't and while he was doing that I cooked them dinner with food I bought for them... My family uses me and I get shit on in return. again FUCK THAT!!!!

Quoting Anonymous 3: You and your family sound like a hot mess. Of my mother asks me for a favor I typically help her out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:19 PM

lol what kind of moral support?!?!? "Sorry you won't bother to ask ur other kids to clean up their messes... But Im not doing it"

Quoting HistoryNutty: Offer moral support.

HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

lol what kind of moral support?!?!? "Sorry you won't bother to ask ur other kids to clean up their messes... But Im not doing it"

Quoting HistoryNutty: Offer moral support.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)