• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

15 mo old and bottle....help!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies
I have a 15 mo old that starTed my daycare a few weeks ago. He did great on his food the first couple weeks. Ok on drinking...if I put the sippy cup in his mouth.He has been having a REALLY bad time adjusting. Crying all day long. And Now this week he is not eating as well. Only had a couple sips of milk and hits it away.

Mom admitted to me that he gets the bottle at home....because he only drinks well from a bottle. Really? Why does she think I can get him to drink from a cup here then?!? I hate for him to regress. But he is having a heck of a time and he needs to eat and drink...and have some comfort...right? Everything else was taken away from him that he knows. What do you think? Ask the mom for a bottle until late he feels ok at my home?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:35 PM

I do what my parents request me to do.  So I would present this information to mom and see what she would like you to do. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes I would tell her to bring his bottle. When she is ready to take him off then the 2 of you can work together.  She's actually quite an asshole to do this to you.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:37 PM
I would ask the mom to start giving g him sippy cup.

I took my daughter to day care with bottle but she was never that bad and she was 11months. They took a cup and dumped her juice milk and water into a sippy cup.
zombieskayer
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:38 PM

Talk to her about it. TEll her if she wants the child on a sippy she has to give the child a sippy at home or else provide you a bottle. 

akemi875
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM
He can't just not eat and a bottle at 15 months will cause him mouth issues. Don't fuel that. If he's hungry enough he'll eat, if he's thirsty he'll drink. keep offering and don't give in. Encourage the mom to look into getting him off the bottle and getting him a comfort item to take back and forth.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM
I always present things as a question. I put it up to the parents

Quoting fullxbusymom:

I do what my parents request me to do.  So I would present this information to mom and see what she would like you to do. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:40 PM
Oh I've had ones in the past...past 20 yrs. They completely don't eat. Then it becomes a health and safety concern

Quoting akemi875: He can't just not eat and a bottle at 15 months will cause him mouth issues. Don't fuel that. If he's hungry enough he'll eat, if he's thirsty he'll drink. keep offering and don't give in. Encourage the mom to look into getting him off the bottle and getting him a comfort item to take back and forth.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)