Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When would you schedule it...?

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM
  • 8 Replies
I have to have foot surgery due to a bad bunion and will be laid up/on crutches for 6 weeks. Then there are other phases of recovery, but that's the biggie. I'll have to miss work (part time job, no benefits), we really count on the income­čśĺ. I have 2 teens (one in college) and an 8 yr old. My mom says she can help anytime but after Xmas is best for her. I'm having pain and it will only get worse. It seems depressing to be cooped up in a dark house in winter...then again, I wouldn't want to miss the Spring. The whole thing sucks. Any thoughts?
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrswillie
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:41 PM
You can't work while on crutches? I would get it done asap.
lalalamama
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I'd schedule it after Christmas when it's easiest for your mom to come and help. Winter sucks anyway, may as well curl up with a good book and enjoy your mom's company :)
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:43 PM
I would do it when my mom can come.
Fairegirl33
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:45 PM

ASAP and when mom can help.

othermom
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:47 PM

After Christmas when your mom is able to help. Will you be able to get around at all on crutches?

PogoPalOj
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:37 PM

Wintery months are bad weather months.  Might as well have it done then.  I had a ruptured disc sitting on my spinal cord for eight months. There is nothing they can do for nerve pain.  It sucks to be in pain so long.  I know hard it can be.  I am still recovering.  The doctor says it will take three to six months for my bones to meld.  I was kind of hoping that this would be a quick fix.  I am tired of being stuck in the house and not being able to do anything.  grrrr!

momwriter
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:56 PM
Idk. I'm sure eventually I will but I really can't put any weight on my foot for 6 weeks, then I'm in some boot or something for another 3+ weeks then physical therapy. Ugh

Quoting othermom:

After Christmas when your mom is able to help. Will you be able to get around at all on crutches?

.MiaBella.
by Mia on Sep. 8, 2016 at 4:58 AM

I would do it either when mom could help.... or (if this is applicable to your situation) at the beginning of winter break when the older kids could help

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)