Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

An update of sorts

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:55 PM
  • 1 Replies

Hello, ladies!  I haven't really posted or been on in quite a while.  A LOT has been going on with me this year.  Here's what's been happening.

My husband left me homeless for another woman back in January.  I was staying in a homeless shelter and, for two months, he had me believing that he was only a couple of towns away saving up money for a place for us.  He promised me that it wouldn't be much longer that we'd be together.  I found out just a couple of days after my birthday in March that he's been in Florida with another woman.  Apparently he's been in a relationship with this woman for a year and I knew nothing about it.  (Apparently they do sometimes leave the wife for the other woman.)  We both want a divorce but he won't give me his address (somebody else gave it to me but he doesn't know that) nor will he cooperate with anything else regarding the divorce.  Just like with the wedding, I'm on my own here.

Back in April, everybody in my mother's house got hit with the flu and was hospitalized.  My mother is disabled, high-maintenance, and needy so I had to stay with her.  The worst off was my brother who had not only the flu but double pneumonia.  He had to be put in a medically-induced coma for ten days and had to stay in the hospital for three weeks.  They even had to give him a trach.  He's fine now but he came really close to death.

With the homeless shelter being closed for the season, I stayed with my mom for the past few months.  I love my mother but I hate living with her.  Everything has to be her way and on a schedule.  I was only allowed to bathe at certain times.  It was hell and I felt infantalized.  A month ago, my brother and I got into Public Housing.  Now I'm living with my autistic brother via the Housing Authority.  Do I relish the idea that I'm unemployed and taking care of my older brother?  Not really but that can always change.

by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
La_Vie_en_R0se
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you have had a rough year! Hope it gets better for you!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)