Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BIL is facing potential jail time and huge fines

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 103 Replies
All because he forgot he had his gun in the car

We are from Ohio. He drove up to New York for work and had his handgun in the center console of the car. He usually drives his truck for work so he forgot it was there. His friend is working on a job in Ontario and he was going to go meet him just for lunch. When he got to the border the guard asked if he had any firearms. He said no, because he genuinely forgot it was there.

They searched his car and found it. I had no idea but apparently handguns aren't allowed to be taken into Canada and Americans have to fill out a ton of paperwork to be able to bring them. They arrested him, despite him saying it was an honest mistake and he wasn't trying to smuggle it. My sil is beside herself - she's pregnant and due in a week, and he's still in jail after two days of this. She had to find a lawyer there and he's trying to work with them on the charges. But he said best case is a bunch of expensive fines, worst case is jail time. DH is freaking out and I've invited sil to stay with us until he's home :(
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommylovesyou12
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:59 PM
7 moms liked this

Maybe he should be smart enough not to "forget" he had a fucking GUN in his car... Only fucking morons "forget" about carrying a weapon of any kind..

Talkingheads
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 4:59 PM
2 moms liked this
Yeah I don't buy this at all. You don't forget where your handgun os
lalalamama
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm sorry your family had to go through that but your post may spare others. Taking firearms across the border is a BIG deal.
Hanab818
by ThePonds on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:00 PM
As shitty as it is that what he gets for forgetting to check his car. Only a moron forgets that kind of shit.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM
Seriously, who forgets they have a dangerous weapon, and where it is?
lovemysnugbugs
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:01 PM
I'm sure most people who get caught say they "forgot". It doesn't really matter that he forgot - he wasn't supposed to have the gun, and he had it, and now he has to face the consequences.
I feel for his wife though.
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:03 PM
5 moms liked this
He forgot he had a gun even after specifically being asked if he had a gun? He's a dumb ass.
Phoenix_lament
by Fawkes on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:03 PM
3 moms liked this
If he's so irresponsible with his firearms that he can't remember where he put them, maybe this will teach him a lesson.
Wondermom002
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe he should have guns if he just forgets where he puts them,

What if he forgot the gun on the table and his kid takes the gun and kills someone?

He is right where he belongs
ColleenF30
by Lube Girl on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:05 PM

Yeah he is in some deep shit. Doesn't matter the reason you do not take a firearm into Canada. Undeclared is very very bad. You would think people who cross the boarder would know to check the vehicle first.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)