Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disrespectful lil jerk neighbor kid.

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:26 PM
  • 52 Replies
Need opinions.
I I've in a small apartment complex. My washer went out, so I use the laundromat at the complex. It's down on the very end in the back. My apartment is pretty much right in the middle of the complex.
My neighbor two doors down is a really sweet old man who is retired. This past week he had had (who I assume is) his son and grandson staying with him. The son has an obnoxiously loud car, but other than that has been cordial is passing the few times I've seen him. Then there's the kid... He's around 12-14. He rides his bike in the middle of the parking lot all hours of the night with no mind for cars coming and going. There is a sidewalk and a bike lane he could use, but whatever. Last night as my husband pulled the truck up to the mailbox to get our mail, the kid parked his bike directly in from of our truck and just looked at my husband.
Husband spoke and tried to be nice and the kid just blurted out "I got suspended from school today". So my husband made conversation and it turns out the kid got suspended for fighting and he got in a fight because " he likes fighting and he felt like fighting someone". Whatever, I get teenage boys can be obnoxious and like to show out. Fat forward to today.
I went to retrieve my laundry and as I was walking back this kid and his two friends (who don't live here and I've never seen) are sitting on their porch. As I walk by lugging my huge bag of laundry this kid starts whispering and snickering. Okay, whatever. Then one of the other boys yells something at me that I couldn't understand. I said "excuse me"? And the grandson just continues to laugh and says " nothing lil girl". So I just roll my eyes and say whatever. Then I here him say "what did that lil girl say to me? What was she trying to say to me"?

I mean wtf. For one, who laughs at people as they walk by? What lil kid calls an adult "lil girl"? Just the whole weird scenario is just wtf.

I'm debating on knocking and talking with a parent? I don't want to look crazy though. Should I just leave it? I've lived here three years with no problems.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cdb7519
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:38 PM

I would just ignore him.  If he knows he can get a rise from you he will be relentless.  It sucks that he is a little ass.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:40 PM
Ignore it unless it gets worse. If he does get worse just knock him on his ass.
LyanaMormont
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Ignore him. I would have said sorry I don't talk to toddlers and kept going.
mrsrodgers0703
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:42 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, life is full of people who you won't always like.

I fail to see how this is a big deal though.
fallenangel_353
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:45 PM
Ignore it for now. Only handle it if it gets absolutely necessary. He's attention seeking big time.
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this
Call the landlord. Lots of leases have stipulations on how many people can be overnight guests in a unit and for how long. Just anonymously call the office (or whatever) and sweetly inquire how long the overnight guests will be staying in apartment #____.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Just ignore him.  He was just showing off trying to look bad ass.  If he does it again you have every right to bitch him out and make him look like a fool. 

Tinse
by Crazy Bird Lady on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:46 PM

Forget it; he's an obnoxious tween, showing off in front of his pals.

JTE11
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:47 PM
Just ignore him, he's just an ill-behaved little snot. If you are an adult he shouldn't even be a blip on your radar.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)