Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone go to college more than once?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
Has anyone went to school for one degree, graduated and went back to school for something completely different?! What were the two degrees and why did you go back to school for something else?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kadcas
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:33 PM
Yes my husband, has a degree in accounting and a degree in fire science.
kel_in_va
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I received an undergraduate degree in biochemistry and then immediately returned for my PhD in molecular biology. I worked for 6 years and then went to law school. I am now a patent lawyer, I specialize in biotech patent law. I went to law school because I didn't want to work in a lab for the rest of my life. I also wanted to make more money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:35 PM
Me. I went the 1st time at 18 got a Psychology degree and decided 2 yrs ago it wasn't for me so went back for nursing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:39 PM
Are you happy with nursing?

Quoting Anonymous 2: Me. I went the 1st time at 18 got a Psychology degree and decided 2 yrs ago it wasn't for me so went back for nursing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:39 PM

yep.

first degree - psychology. You can't do anything with a Bachelor's in Psych (BS). I had initially planned to go on for school psych, but wasn't ready for the rigors of that program.

So,I went back as a non-degree student to get teaching certification.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:39 PM
These are all very impressive degrees

Quoting kel_in_va: I received an undergraduate degree in biochemistry and then immediately returned for my PhD in molecular biology. I worked for 6 years and then went to law school. I am now a patent lawyer, I specialize in biotech patent law. I went to law school because I didn't want to work in a lab for the rest of my life. I also wanted to make more money.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:40 PM
Are you happy with teaching?

Quoting Anonymous 3:

yep.

first degree - psychology. You can't do anything with a Bachelor's in Psych (BS). I had initially planned to go on for school psych, but wasn't ready for the rigors of that program.

So,I went back as a non-degree student to get teaching certification.

ninjakids
by Christina on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:41 PM
1 mom liked this
The last four years I've completed 3 programs.

I did a year is prerequisite programs (communication, medical math, chemistry, and biology... Was supposed to do physics but luckily another course for bio opened up and I was able to transfer).

A year for CCA

Two years for LPN

Eta : I plan on doing physiatric nursing course (one year), and I've been playing with getting my BScN and Masters but the last two won't be until DD begins school if I decide to do it
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:42 PM

DH never finished his first degree, but he attempted a computer science degree for something like 6 years before giving up (before we met).

He will graduate in December with an accounting degree.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 5:43 PM
Why did you decide to do LPN instead of RN

Quoting ninjakids: The last four years I've completed 3 programs.

I did a year is prerequisite programs (communication, medical math, chemistry, and biology... Was supposed to do physics but luckily another course for bio opened up and I was able to transfer).

A year for CCA

Two years for LPN
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)