Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

to file or not to file for a midification of child care portion of child support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies

My son's father pays his assigned child support plus 50 % of our expenses for child care while I work. My son is 5 and he is 100 % with me.

Since this August, the child care portion was reduced from $880 per month (his former preschool) to $460 for his Kinder morning and after school care. That would mean that his father was going to be paying $230 per month fpr child care as opposed to the $440 he did before. I was going to file for a modification to redieced his fees since my son was at public kinder.

well things chnaged. My son was suffeting from anxiety on top of his ODD and we saw an opening in his former school so I moved him to kinder at the same place where he did preschool.It is only for 12 kids so the environment is more appropriate for my son's needs.

His father was verbally told about this and he said "his mind wasn't focusing on doing the Math".

So I decided not to file for a modification since I was going to pay for one more year 880 per month for private kinder.

Now on top of this, I was offered a seasonal job that looks very well on my resume but the hours are in the evening for 5 hours per week. it means that i have to pay a nanny for 6 hours per week. Normally when I get jobs like this, I file to add those extra fees to my son's 50 % of child care . I will be spending $384 on monthly child cre until january and his portion would be $192. I know, 192 does not seem much but 384 on my salary does feel like a lot.

My fear is that if I file, father may question why we go to private school when he can go to public.

we can have our dr write a statement but I don't know if it will help

would you file for this modification? would you wait until January in case this job continues?

what would you do?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:17 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:17 PM

BUMP!

WhatABeach
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:20 PM
2 moms liked this
Sorry, but private school is your choice. If you want it, you pay for the whole thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:23 PM
This is what the judges around here generally say.

Quoting WhatABeach: Sorry, but private school is your choice. If you want it, you pay for the whole thing.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:24 PM
I'm going with this.

Quoting WhatABeach: Sorry, but private school is your choice. If you want it, you pay for the whole thing.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:25 PM
This. Also getting a second job is your choice so you need to cover daycare and any other expenses related to it, the child's father is financing necessities for his child, not financing your personal choices like the second job.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:27 PM
I don't know if it is really a choice to look for a second job . my second job is actually what I studied you do but I haven't found a full-time job that goes with my degree

Quoting Anonymous 3: This. Also getting a second job is your choice so you need to cover daycare and any other expenses related to it, the child's father is financing necessities for his child, not financing your personal choices like the second job.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:27 PM
This

Quoting Anonymous 3: This. Also getting a second job is your choice so you need to cover daycare and any other expenses related to it, the child's father is financing necessities for his child, not financing your personal choices like the second job.

Nicole_2007
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:28 PM
If you want to do the modification you will have to definitely get a letter from his doctor saying that he can't handle the large class rooms in public schools and that this school is best for him. That would be the only way a judge may do the modification
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:33 PM
You said you want the job because it'll look good on your resume, that's your choice. How much does the ex pay total a month currently?

Quoting Anonymous 1: I don't know if it is really a choice to look for a second job . my second job is actually what I studied you do but I haven't found a full-time job that goes with my degree

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)