Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Conferences

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 40 Replies
I'm very upset

My ex n I have always had separate conferences, I don't want to be near him or his wife.

My son's new teacher this year said that she is not willing to schedule multiple conferences unless an issue of DV or something of the like is the reason for separate conferences.

I told her I just do not get along with my ex or his wife, and his teacher said that has nothing to do with education and my focus is getting all adults on the same page as she believes it's important we are all there as the adults who help him with his education.

Can I talk to the principal about this? I don't want a joint conference.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:36 PM
Let him have his conference then. You can always call for another appt later in the year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:37 PM
The teacher will not do a separate one. I asked her for a separate one and that is what she told me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Let him have his conference then. You can always call for another appt later in the year.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm with the teacher. If you want to know what's going on in the school just go to the conference. You're not there for your ex, his wife or yourself. You're supposed to be there for your child.
spunky946
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:39 PM
1 mom liked this
You need to grow up and suck it up to be in the same room for 15 minutes
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:39 PM
Talk to the principle.
Raeann11
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:40 PM

This

Quoting CheerioHolder: I'm with the teacher. If you want to know what's going on in the school just go to the conference. You're not there for your ex, his wife or yourself. You're supposed to be there for your child.

September-days
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Sometimes what you want is not what you can get. Go to the conference , just keep it it your mind that this is for your son's education.

Reality is that you need to learn how to coexist with them for certain times of your son's life.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:40 PM
Why,does his wife need to be there??? Why can't e just relay info to her

Quoting CheerioHolder: I'm with the teacher. If you want to know what's going on in the school just go to the conference. You're not there for your ex, his wife or yourself. You're supposed to be there for your child.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:41 PM
I guess you will have to miss out if your not willing to attend. I dont believe teachers should accomodate that unless there is a DV issue.

Quoting Anonymous 1: The teacher will not do a separate one. I asked her for a separate one and that is what she told me.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Let him have his conference then. You can always call for another appt later in the year.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 6:41 PM
I can be OK around my ex, can't stand his wife she volunteers at his school n likes to act like she's better than me

Quoting September-days: Sometimes what you want is not what you can get. Go to the conference , just keep it it your mind that this is for your son's education.

Reality is that you need to learn how to coexist with them for certain times of your son's life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)