• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it the cashier's responsibility to notice an item has a coupon attached to it?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 90 Replies
Or is it the shopper's responsibility to remove the coupon from the product and give it to the cashier?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:06 PM
Shopper
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM
Sometimes some can only be removed by the cashier or they are invalid in our grocery. But either way, the ultimate responsibility lies with the customer. Watch as s/he rings things up.
OliviaW.
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Customer. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:08 PM

I think it's the shoppers responsibility, but I'm always happy if the cashier notices a coupon on something that I missed.

Ashess2Ashess
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:08 PM
I always assumed the employees know of the deals their store offers so they should know to be on the lookout for those things when they come through the line. I usually take those coupons off and give them to the cashier, but sometimes I forget and find myself blaming the cashier for not grabbing it.
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:08 PM
Shopper. Cashiers look for the UPC code to scan. With so many items, the cashier would have to manually inspect each item.
ilovecandy
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:09 PM

Shopper. Though, there have been a few items where the cashier did it for me when I clearly forgot.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:10 PM

I take the responsibility on myself. Anymore, cashiers just aren't wholly dependable. Some are great, don't get me wrong, but it really isn't something you can count on. A bad day, or someone with a bad attitude, or not a care about the quality of their work could mean they miss things like that. I'd rather handle it myself so I know the coupon I figured into my total as I shop is applied.

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:11 PM
Shopper.
myshoes
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 7:13 PM
Shoppers responsibility. Some shoppers prefer to save the coupon for another time. Sometimes the coupon is good for buying two items and the shopper is only buying one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)