Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No she cannot have my dress, she can buy her own!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 33 Replies

Ok so my friend is having a cosplay wedding in about 2 months. Anime and comics. Some people will cosplay some people will just wear the characters colors whichever they choose. But it has to be obvious your character. I have put together my cosplay and my dress will be able to be used regular without the accesories or I can use it at a comicon. Well I just found out I will not be able to attend her wedding because they moved the date up a week. I have already requested my vacation and been approved. Her wedding is out of state and I wanted to have some fun, so I requested the entire two weeks in one setting.

Well one of her bridesmaids and I have chosen the same chracter. The girl is a procrastinator and hasn't gotten her outfit together yet. The bride asked if I could lend my outfit to her cousin, the bridesmaid. I. told her hell no. I paid good money for my outfit and I like the dress. She knows I go to comicons and I may use it for then or something else. Without the accesories I could wear it to a company party. It is a beautiful dress. The dress alone ran me $350 custom made from a lady I kniw that sells on etsy. I designed it and she made it.

She complained that I am being selfish becuase her cousin can't borrow it for the wedding and I am not using it. Oh well. I paid for it I custom  designed it and I will be damned if her clumsy cousin is going to ruin it before I get a chance to wear it. Not to mention, I am going to wear it first becuase it's mine damn it. What do you ladies think?

Ok for all of you asking for pics. The dress is not done yet. I will have it in a couple of weeks. The bride has seen the design already because I showed her the design before I gave it to my moms freind, the lady who has the etsy business. She is giving me a discount becuase it would usually be about 100 more but I am also buying the accesories from her which she is delivering with the dress I am only getting my boots elsewhere. She asked me to pay for it on her etsy page for tax purposes because she runs her business full time. I still want the dress wedding or not. LOL Once I get all dressed up for a comicon I will post pics that day. I will reference this post so you know.

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fallingurrl
by Bronze Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
You are not obligated to lend it to anyone. It's yours.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:08 PM

did you come to Atlanta

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:08 PM
Agreed.
amy-momof5
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:09 PM
I don't lend clothes, that's just weird.
Starz6802
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:10 PM
Agreed. Can we see?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:10 PM
It's not your problem her cousin procrastinated getting an outfit together and you don't have to make up for her laziness. Especially for that much money! You paid for it you don't have to let anyone use it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:10 PM
Agree completely.

Now sil's wedding I had to swap dresses but there was a last minute bridesmaid change and they couldn't get the same color dress for the other sister. Me and the maid of honor wore the same size, so she wore my green dress and I wore a black one so we could have the same pattern in dresses. I was a little sad because I look great in green lol, but did what needed to be done.
luckysevenwow
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:12 PM
Pic or it didn't happen!

Not really but I would like to see a picture lol
mattiehatter
by Mary on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:15 PM
I wanna see the cosplay dress! I wouldn't lend it either because good cosplay outfits are expensive.
paigea
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:16 PM
It's yours. Find a nice way to firmly say No.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)