Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you take her up on her offer?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this
My mom has a friend a whose dd was raised by her aunt and uncle while he lived overseas for most of her childhood. She's 23 now.

We were all hanging out at my mom's house going over plans for my 4 year old's birthday party. She asked me what my 4 yr old wants for her birthday and I told her barbies. She asked me to go for a ride with her real quick because she wanted to show me something.

We go to a storage unit place and she opens up a unit in the back and it was packed full (to the ceiling) of toys and most of them were still new in boxes. All 90's toys. Barbies, Polly pockets, new and used Halloween costumes, there was even a dream house still in the box. She offered me everything.

Her aunt and uncle spoiled her like crazy and kept everything from when she was a kid. When she turned 18 they gave her the key and told her to do whatever she wanted with it. She wants me to go through it with her this weekend and basically take everything that my kids will play with.

She told me that she offered some toys to a few different friends and was turned down because the toys are old. I'm going to take her up on her offer and see what we can find. Would you take her up on her offer?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:47 PM
Bump!
olivejuice2
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
For sure! That sounds like a cave of treasures!
krazymom2boyz
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Holy crap! That's awesome! I would take her up on her offer but I would Remind her that some of those toys could be worth some serious money these days.
Mommato5kids
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:53 PM
Yes and also remind her that those toys are probably worth some serious money.
Kmary
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Yes

zacmacsmomm
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Hell yes
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Definitely. That sounds awesome!!
ShannaW
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM
I'm sure a lot of that stuff is worth a lot of money. I've heard Polly pockets are especially.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:55 PM
Sure, with a few things. Reciprocate by offering to help her sell the more valuable items.
YourMajesty81
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 8:56 PM
Yes, but I would only take a couple things. Don't be greedy. Don't take any more than what you would have bought
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)