Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ds spent over $60

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 50 Replies
On the Xbox. Various purchases for roblox, call of duty, minecraft.

He's almost 11, and I'm so very disappointed in him. He *should* know better. I know $60 isn't much but it's the fact that he didn't ask me, just let me find out at the end of the month when I'm going through my statement- then freak out bc I thought maybe someone got ahold of my info. But no, it was for ds.

Obviously, he's not getting on the system. I'm keeping it bc that's how I watch Netflix lol... but idk what else. His birthday is next month and I've set aside almost $300 for it (planned on buying him a tablet), but idt he's ready for a tablet and again, I'm just so disappointed in him.

Wwyd?

It's not like I deny him stuff. I bought him a handful of stuff for the Xbox before school started, games included.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:14 PM

Why would you eve leave your credit card information where it's accesable to him?. Yes he messed up but I think this is just as equally on you. 

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:16 PM
Wait he paid from your credit card without you knowing? This happened to me once. I Knocked that shit right off and took my card off account.
MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I gave my info for one game he asked for but had no clue it was now stored in the system for him to use again.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Why would you eve leave your credit card information where it's accesable to him?. Yes he messed up but I think this is just as equally on you. 

Mommyto3band1g
by Ruby Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:19 PM
4 moms liked this

hes old enough to know better. She shouldnt have to hide things from an 11 year old

Quoting Anonymous 2:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:19 PM
It's on the account itself. Obviously I'm gonna have to figure out a different way to do it now (sometimes I'll buy things). But in 6 years, we've never had an issue like this before.

Quoting Anonymous 2:

bleumonster
by Sapphire Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:19 PM
My son can spend that much too but he always asks first. He learned the hard way that even ifs it's $2, he better ask first lol. Oh and he pays me back either with his allowance or doing chores. In fact he usually just buys Xbox points and buys stuff that way.
malissaL
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:20 PM
$60 is a lot of money to just "assume" you can spend
MrsDukati
by on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:22 PM
Yeah a tablet would be a no right now. And I'd make him do chores to pay off the $60.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:22 PM

This is why they have parental controls and diff accounts....So this shit doesn't happen. Kids fuck up they make shitty choices even when they knows better.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 9:22 PM
That's what I'm gonna have to do. It's so stupid but I feel like I can't trust him.

I know I could buy the Microsoft points from the store, which is most likely what I'm gonna do, to use for myself. It's just so frustrating! Why didn't he even bother to just ask? Instead of buying 400 roblox points or whatever for over $5 each, I would've told him to buy a bigger pack for less money.

Quoting MrsDavidB25: Wait he paid from your credit card without you knowing? This happened to me once. I Knocked that shit right off and took my card off account.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)