Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving out, and leaving my son with my husband

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 68 Replies
I started an affair recently and it made me realize just how miserable my life is. I went to counseling a few years ago but with my husband being disabled and me taking care of everything I'm at my breaking point. I love my son and hate the idea of moving without him, by he's in middle school and I don't want him to have to change schools. I had to change in 7th grade and I HATED it. I'm moving about an hour away. I'm not leaving to be with the guy I've been having an affair with and I doubt will even last much longer. I just have to get out of a marriage that's dragging me down deeper and deeper into an abyss that I can't seem to get out of. I'm tired of being broke all the time because he spends money on his pot. I'll be applying for a job in the town I'm moving to. It's pretty much a given I'll get the job because I have people putting a good word in for me. I know people will think I'm a horrible person for not taking my son with me but I just can't do it.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ResidentRedhead
by Platinum Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:09 PM
8 moms liked this
I wouldn't leave my child with someone who couldn't manage money. You're an asshole.
littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:10 PM
If he wants to go and you say no, you suck.
amantonacci
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:11 PM
3 moms liked this
You know your life better than any on here. Do what you got to do. With your husbands disability will he be able to take care of your ds?
ivy801
by Big Mama on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:11 PM
Never walked in your shoes so I got nothing to day but good luck.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:12 PM
I have control over the money in my son's account that he gets from my husband's social security disability. I can transfer funds into my husband's account for what he needs.

Quoting ResidentRedhead: I wouldn't leave my child with someone who couldn't manage money. You're an asshole.
Wondermom002
by Silver Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:12 PM
Well at least the pothead is a better parent than you are
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:15 PM
I can see the pros and cons to both sides. But I understand not wanting to have your son switch schools. From ages 8 to 11 I moved to 4 other states aside from the one I was born in. I went to 6 different elementary schools in that time-frame. I wasn't a bad kid or in foster care. My dad's job had us move around a lot.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:15 PM
7 moms liked this

You think your son wants to be there when his dad spends all his money on  pot?? You refuse to live that way but its ok for your son to live that way?? Your an awful mother!!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM
He's able to drive and can take him to his appointments. He gets himself up for school and gets free breakfast and reduced lunch. My husband can cook when he wants to and my son is learning to cook. I'll only be an hour away so I'll still be able to come back for his band concerts and other school functions and since I'll be working at a school I'll be able to spend school holidays with him.

Quoting amantonacci: You know your life better than any on here. Do what you got to do. With your husbands disability will he be able to take care of your ds?
PinkButterfly66
by Diamond Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 10:17 PM

What makes you think your son will be happier with his pot head dad vs you and a new school. Did you even bother to ask your kid what he wants?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)