• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not happening.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
My stepson, at 10:30 at night, just came in and asked me to wash him a specific pair of pants for tomorrow. Sorry, kid. You probably should've asked me at around 3 when you got home from school. I'm not staying up to wash and dry one pair of pants. I'm going to bed. He can wash them himself, but not after his bedtime. He's been home since 3. I had to take another kid to the doctor after that. He lied to DH and said he had no homework, so DH let him go play in the neighborhood. He's been doing homework since about 8..took up the rest of his free time. Well, kid, you could've started a load of laundry, worked on homework, put them in the dryer, finished the homework, had time left to go outside, and had your pants. Don't walk off in a huff because I'm not staying up to do it. He's 13, btw.

I don't mind throwing things like that in while I'm already washing...but I'm never washing this time of night unless someone is puking.
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 8, 2016 at 3:54 AM

I don't blame you

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 8, 2016 at 4:08 AM

Yeah don't blame you. why does he need a specific pair of pants? 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 8, 2016 at 4:16 AM
I feel like I tell my 14 year old that a,few times a week. She has two chores. Load the dishwasher and turn it on. And wash her laundry. It takes too long to get everything done. Hmm put dishes in dishwasher, put clothes in washer. Start homework. When the washer stops running take a break from homework. Put clothes in dryer. Make a snack then finish the homework. It'd take an hour at the most to get it done.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 8, 2016 at 1:04 PM
At 13 he should be asleep at 10:30 on a school night. So you are failing him in more ways then one.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2016 at 2:59 PM
It just so happens that his bedtime is 10:30, which is why he couldn't wash them himself at that time. All the kids have bedtimes, they lay down with a book 30 minutes before lights out to get settled. But he was having a hard time with his homework...the same homework he lied about having. We were sitting with him trying to help him, but he's not going to lie and get out of doing it. If that means he's working on it up until his bedtime, that's what it means.

I get up at 5:30 to get ready for work before I get the kids up to get ready for school. I do most of the laundry, but I don't take orders for pants right before I'm going to bed myself. He had plenty of clothes that were clean, he just wanted that specific pair.

Quoting Anonymous 5: At 13 he should be asleep at 10:30 on a school night. So you are failing him in more ways then one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)