Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help me! Can't get over jealous feelings.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

Years ago at one of my daughters sports my husband became friendly with one of the other moms.  They would talk at the sporting event about the sport and I would feel excluded.  From the get go he didn't think to introduce me and everytime I would approach they would already be in conversation so it would feel weird to interject.  Then sometimes he would unwittingly block me out of the conversation by leaning forward while we were sitting or stepping forward while we were standing there.  I don't think he ever tried to do it on purpose but it has always felt really weird,  Not in an a way where I felt like they had feelings for each other but more in a "does she think I'm not friendly".  We are both outgoing but it always made me feel like I was this wallflower.  I told him it bothered me.  

Then one day I see that she is texting him as her name comes up on his phone.   I asked him right there why they are texting.  He says they are talking about another of my daughters sports and he is the only one that has her number blah blah blah.  I said that it bothered me and that I don't text other Dads.  

My daughter then tries out for a team that this woman has kids on and she texts him to see how the try-out went.  He asks me what he should do...I said "text her back"  

Tonight we see her, we all chat.  My husband is sitting in the middle and at one point ends up leaning forward physically blocking my view of her.  I know he is NOT doing it on purpose and I tell myself to let it go.  And honestly I'm kinda over talking to her at that point.  

Then when we are all walking out she says. "Did you know what door to come in when you got here?  I wasn't sure if you understood my text"

I hate to admit it but I am so annoyed by it.  I want to be clear that I don't think either of them are interested in eachother.  I just don't understand all the chumminess.  Why does it bother me?  I CANNOT imaginge getting to the point with another sports Dad where we are texting about what door to go in when I get there. I just wouldn't do that to my husband.  

Any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grey7399
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:35 PM
2 moms liked this
Mind over matter.

You don't mind, it don't matter.

Tell him to knock it off with the female parents
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:38 PM

So should I mind?  Is it ok that it matters?  Would you tell your dh to knock it off?

Quoting grey7399: Mind over matter. You don't mind, it don't matter. Tell him to knock it off with the female parents

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:39 PM
1 mom liked this
God, I'm so over men more and more every day. They're fucking buffoons, even the ones other women swear are great.

Spare me your pity, folks.
readyforhim
by Emerald Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:39 PM
3 moms liked this
You should be included in the conversations esp if you are there.

And as women, we know this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:43 PM
You're on a roll tonight!

Quoting Anonymous 3:

Mobile Photo

grey7399
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I did tell him.

No lunches with female friends. No female coworker baby showers. Shit like that.

What's good for the gander will serve as sauce for the goose.

He straight up flipped shit when I went to lunch with a gay guy friend. Later I went out with some male coworkers. He lost his damn mind. frankly I think my gay guy friend should have counted as a chick but whatever.

I did most of that in retaliation to him doing stupid shit. Not to hurt him, just to get him to see where I was coming from.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

So should I mind?  Is it ok that it matters?  Would you tell your dh to knock it off?

Quoting grey7399: Mind over matter.

grey7399
by Gold Member on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:44 PM
I did tell him.

No lunches with female friends. No female coworker baby showers. Shit like that.

He straight up flipped shit when I went to lunch with a gay guy friend. Later I went out with some male coworkers. He lost his damn mind. frankly I think my gay guy friend should have counted as a chick but whatever.

I did most of that in retaliation to him doing stupid shit. Not to hurt him, just to get him to see where I was coming from.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:46 PM

That's what I said to him!  I said would you like me to chum it up with one of these sports Dads?  And then I have to LOL because 1. I don't have time for that shit and 2. I can't even imagine how to approach one of the sports dad to start a budding texting friendship because it would be weird!

Quoting grey7399: I did tell him. No lunches with female friends. No female coworker baby showers. Shit like that. What's good for the gander will serve as sauce for the goose. He straight up flipped shit when I went to lunch with a gay guy friend. Later I went out with some male coworkers. He lost his damn mind. frankly I think my gay guy friend should have counted as a chick but whatever. I did most of that in retaliation to him doing stupid shit. Not to hurt him, just to get him to see where I was coming from.
Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting grey7399: Mind over matter. You don't mind, it don't matter. Tell him to knock it off with the female parents

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:47 PM
Lol your jealous over baby showers??

I get why OP is mad but this is ridiculous.

Quoting grey7399: I did tell him.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Tell him it bothers you. He's hurting your feelings and to knock it off and go befriend a dad
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)