Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O First priority?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this
I can't believe some of the responses to that post! My first priority changes! For laundry, my kids. For everything else it just depends!!!!

If there is a screaming kid, that's my first priority. If DH and I haven't had sex in a week I will make sure kids are in bed early.....if one kid has a special event I'll make that my priority!

I assume most of the rest of you fell this way - no?
Posted by Anonymous on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink.Sunshine
I hate all but two of my coworkers today. Seriously 😒
Yesterday at 12:13 PM
by Petty Princess on Sep. 7, 2016 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this
No one comes before my kids. And the judgements commence....
redheadtmk
by Ruby Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:01 AM
I think the question is more complex than most mom's answers were. I always read it as an overall big picture question. Whoever has an immediate need, such as a screaming toddler, gets taken care of first. But when all is calm, where does your emotional priority lie?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:02 AM
I get that in a universal sense, but certainly that doesn't apply in an every moment sense.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: No one comes before my kids. And the judgements commence....
Pink.Sunshine
I hate all but two of my coworkers today. Seriously 😒
Yesterday at 12:13 PM
by Petty Princess on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:03 AM
Nope, pretty much universally in caring for them first, but you know circumstances change but that order doesn't.

Quoting Anonymous 1: I get that in a universal sense, but certainly that doesn't apply in an every moment sense.

Quoting Pink.Sunshine: No one comes before my kids. And the judgements commence....
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:05 AM

My kid comes first. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:08 AM
I get so tired of the assumptions that because my marriage comes first, I must neglect my kids. Putting priority on a marriage has nothing to do with feeding, caring for, or loving one more than the other. It's not a contest between a crying baby and a stressed husband. Dh being my priority is so much deeper than that. I wish more people understood this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:09 AM
Tonight my 21 month old hit my 7 year old over the head with a light saber REALLY HARD!! The 7 year old was crying, which inspired the 21 month old to start crying inconsolably. I told the 21 month old that he hurt his brother so I had to help him first (at least 5 times). That situation inspired this post.

Quoting redheadtmk: I think the question is more complex than most mom's answers were. I always read it as an overall big picture question. Whoever has an immediate need, such as a screaming toddler, gets taken care of first. But when all is calm, where does your emotional priority lie?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:14 AM
And I wish more men understood they get to be the priority when kids are grown!

Quoting Anonymous 3: I get so tired of the assumptions that because my marriage comes first, I must neglect my kids. Putting priority on a marriage has nothing to do with feeding, caring for, or loving one more than the other. It's not a contest between a crying baby and a stressed husband. Dh being my priority is so much deeper than that. I wish more people understood this.
shadow_lark
by Platinum Member on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:15 AM
I'm not sure what inspired this post, but I have to say I agree with this. There's so much more that goes into it than just "he comes first." But our relationship is what holds our family together,and if we let that fall away, not only are we setting ourselves up for misery, but we are setting a poor example of what marriage should look like for our kids.

Quoting Anonymous 3: I get so tired of the assumptions that because my marriage comes first, I must neglect my kids. Putting priority on a marriage has nothing to do with feeding, caring for, or loving one more than the other. It's not a contest between a crying baby and a stressed husband. Dh being my priority is so much deeper than that. I wish more people understood this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Sep. 8, 2016 at 12:16 AM
I don't get all the my kids always come first mentality. Maybe those moms have Little kids. My first priority depends on the situation. But I will not be always my kids because that isn't always the situation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)