Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why is it so hard to eat fruits/veggies?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 32 Replies

I currently have, in my fridge, carrots,celery,apples,grapes,halo's(little oranges),kiwi and have banana's on the counter....yet "there is nothing to eat" there is also yougurt, 4 types of cheese (crackers in cabinet) 

my son had his friend over and the friend was digging in the fridge "starving" (he is 11) and could not find anything to eat. When other people come over and claim to be hungry they don't want what I have to offer. so what gives?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:15 AM

I'm gonna say that 11yo's don't CRAVE fruits and veggies. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:16 AM

of course not....but if you are seriously hingry then eat an apple...otherwise I am not feeding a junk food diet,lol

Quoting 143myboys9496:

143myboys9496
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:18 AM

You asked a question, I gave my reply. I'm not arguing over an apple, with someone who's clearly bored and out of weed.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

of course not....but if you are seriously hingry then eat an apple...otherwise I am not feeding a junk food diet,lol

Quoting 143myboys9496:

smorgan865
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:18 AM
IDK, I leave fruit out on the counter and it's usually the first thing eaten by my kids because it's in plain sight. If they want something else as a snack I offer them veggies or something. After they eat that, then they can have a cookie or two or chips or pretzels or whatever.
Kohana2
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Considering we don't eat that much fruit and veggies, it usually ends up going bad before we gat the chance to finish them. Honestly they aren't my first go to either lol I'm all for chips, cookies and Raman. Lol just as long as we get in decent meals.
SciFiMama91
by 🎨Crafty Pants🎨 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Picky. My 8yo would love those options.
rosie211
by I'm a nice one on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:20 AM
This. 100%. Except no cookies here. Its pretzels or crackers after fruit and veg.

Quoting smorgan865: IDK, I leave fruit out on the counter and it's usually the first thing eaten by my kids because it's in plain sight. If they want something else as a snack I offer them veggies or something. After they eat that, then they can have a cookie or two or chips or pretzels or whatever.
Kohana2
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Mmmmm munchies xD

Quoting 143myboys9496:

You asked a question, I gave my reply. I'm not arguing over an apple, with someone who's clearly bored and out of weed.

Quoting Anonymous 1:

Quoting 143myboys9496:

nmkj
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:21 AM
Tell them to get out of the kitchen. If they're hungry they will eat that stuff. If they won't, then they're not hungry.
Robin-Christine
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:26 AM
I am the type to go hungry rather than eating something I don't like. In my home I am the only one who will eat fresh fruits and veggies. My guys will eat some canned fruit.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)