Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to move and FAST

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 44 Replies
I live in nyc ..Brooklyn to be exact. I have section 8 and I need to move out of state for me and my family's mental health.

Living here is worsening my depression 10 fold. I moved here so my kids can be closer to their dad as infants and he's had literally nothing to do with them and they are now preteens. We run into their family and they are fake nice ...years of no contact but will exchange numbers and than ignore my kids calls.

Im tired of running into his family ..im tired of being so close to the rejection of him and his family.

I want to move as soon as possible to start fresh and rid ourselves of this awful energy.

I need to know which state has the best schools for special needs . My kids are autistic. ..however my daughter is mainstreamed and does well . My son school isn't super great not a lot of progress but I've heard nyc is best

The good isn't outweighing the bad though . I want to move somewhere with good schools they wont get picked on at.

Growing up I lived in nj and I was tortured and bullied to the point I dropped out. It was awful I will never move back to nj . Never.

Im thinking about Pennsylvania but I dont know anything about it ....

I just want out of here as soon as humanly possible.

I spoke to my daughter and she is totally fine leaving her school and moving. She feels the negative energy too . She said mom we need a fresh start and like I said ds school isn't that great.

Im not telling anyone that were moving ...my family is extremely toxic as well I've been wanting to move away from them for sooooooo long before I even had kids.

It will just be me and my kids.

My family lives in nj. I feel Pennsylvania is far enough that they won't visit often and ill never run into my kids dad family or him and his wife. I wish I left years ago but now is time.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:08 AM
If there is any other state to consider im open to that as well ....I dont care how far it is . I just need good schools that is pretty diverse . My dd will likely be super tall like me. I got HELL growing up in a small nj town who treated me like a freak..so I thought nyc was the best option but now im just so ready to get out of here. I want out of here asap.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:12 AM
What is your job and money situation?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:14 AM
I'm sorry for how you feel. I moved recently myself too
Maxxie1
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:15 AM
2 moms liked this
Come to nc
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM

well i'm sorry you dont like it here in brooklyn.  I love it here.  best move i ever made.  Will your Section 8 transfer to another state?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM
Georgia. Peachtree city, to be exact. My autistic nephew made amazing strides there. Seriously, it's expensive but so worth it.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:21 AM
1 mom liked this

minnesota....Hopkins school district 270 ... is a fine and diverse district with an excellent sn education system...this area is west of minneapolis and it is easy to get set up in a place that takes section 8 vouchers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:21 AM
Yes it will transfer. I love Brooklyn I just can't deal with the negativity any longer. I have to go. I will never get better if I stay here

Quoting Anonymous 4:

well i'm sorry you dont like it here in brooklyn.  I love it here.  best move i ever made.  Will your Section 8 transfer to another state?  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:23 AM
I dont have a job. I have severe depression /mental illness but im fighting it. I'm going to go to school to be a social worker. I have some college credits already I just want to finish before I start working. Childcare is difficult by the time I finish school dd will be old enough to not need childcare only ds will need it. I do plan to get a job and work though even if it's just McDonalds.
Quoting Anonymous 2: What is your job and money situation?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:24 AM
I am not too familiar with section 8, but doesn't that imply that you are low income? The cost of moving me, even if only in the same city has been at least a couple of thousand dollars. Do you have savings? I once looked into moving to Pennsylvania and that area had very good schools, but was expensive. Or more expensive than the rural areas I have lived in.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)