Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O to the 1st or 2nd wife post

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I commented that I was the 1st wife to my ex husband and I'm the 1st wife to my current husband. I also mentioned that I will never be a 2nd wife and I will never be a step mom. Someone replied to my post saying yet you have a 2nd husband lol I've gotten replies like this in real life. Just because my husband chose to marry me and became a step dad doesnt mean that i will or have to chose to marry someone with an ex wife or kids. I dont understand why people think that just because he has made that choice that i would have to make the same choice. In the beginning of our relationship a woman he had slept with before we got together claimed he was the father of her son. They did a dna test and he wasnt the dad. I honestly think if he had been the boys dad that our relationship wouldnt have lasted. The woman was so full of drama and telling me i wouldnt be involved in her kids life and that her kid and our kid together wouldnt be siblings because she wasnt my kids mother and all this other crazy bullshit. I wouldnt want to deal with that and thats my choice. It might be selfish to some but i signed up for a man that had never been married and didnt have kids. Thats what i was comfortable with and what i wanted. He knew that and he knew i was a divorced mother of 3. Am I wrong for thinking this way or if he had been the dad should i just suck it up and deal with it because he did with me even though he wasnt forced into it?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:06 AM
Okay
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:06 AM
Okay
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:07 AM
It makes you a hypocrite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:07 AM

You can choose whomever you want. I would never get involed with a man with children.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:08 AM
If you're happily married and plan to spend the rest of your life with him, it's not an issue, right?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:08 AM

how does it make me a hypocrite? as i said i didnt want a man with kids. he was fine with a woman with kids. thats a personal choice.

Quoting Anonymous 3: It makes you a hypocrite.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:09 AM
I don't care what wife I am. If I could choose I would want a man with no kids
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:10 AM

we werent married when this happened. its just annoying that after all this time it still gets brought up to me. leave it alone already. hes not the dad let it go.

Quoting Anonymous 4: If you're happily married and plan to spend the rest of your life with him, it's not an issue, right?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)