Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know anyone who drank wine/alcohol while they were pregnant?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Did they drink in public?
Did their baby have any issues when they were born?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:19 AM
I had a glass a wine a night while I was pregnant in my third trimester and my child was born fine
MissAndree
by Nosuchthing on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:20 AM

I drank during the first 6 weeks of my pregnancy because i had no idea I was pregnant. My dd had no issues. 

sahmlvnv
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:21 AM
My mother did with my youngest brother. He was born 3 months premature with fetal alcohol syndrome.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:23 AM

yes and yes.  i was a kid at the time and she wasnt much older.  I was like 15 so she had to be like 17. we both worked at the same place part time.  Her son was taken from her when he was born .  There was something wrong but what i'm not sure.

fullxbusymom
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:23 AM

No

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:25 AM

yes

all three of their kids have issues due to her not putting down the vodka bottle while pregnant. the youngest was in the nicu for three months 

SusieCarmichael
by NotARugrat on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:27 AM
I don't know anyone who drank while pregnant. I sipped a beer while pregnant and I thought it was gross. It taste different than when I wasn't pregnant.
ms_amanda
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:29 AM
Yes, the mother of my twins drank for the first 7 months of her pregnancy. My boys have Alcohol related neurodevelopmental disorder which falls under the umbrella of FASD.

BM lost custody when they were 8 months old, and went on to have 3 more children. All of them have issues.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:31 AM
One person. Her baby has some heart issues, but I am not sure that it is clearly related to her drinking.
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:33 AM
Same.

Quoting MissAndree:

I drank during the first 6 weeks of my pregnancy because i had no idea I was pregnant. My dd had no issues. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)