Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How important is being faithful to you?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 56 Replies
My ex was not a faithful man. He cheated on a regular basis for 14 years. He was an amazing father, supporter. We never wanted for anything, and had the best. Vacations, homes, vehicles. Our children were happy and secure. He never admitted to cheating. I always found out though.

I left, only because he started to become addicted to pain pills and began to drink too much, which led to some
mean behaviors. I didn't take anything but the children and our clothing. I left him with all the money, possessions and I refused child support. I wanted to be on my own.

My current DH is as faithful as an old dog. But I miss the security. The fiscal responsibility. I don't know which was better, financially secure or faithfulness.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:29 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:42 AM
1 mom liked this
My husband is extremely faithful. Yes we live pay check to pay check some weeks but when he comes home every night our house feels full and happy. He works has and is an amazing man
mmtosam06
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Faithful is a must for me. We struggle but it's worth it and I must say it makes me more appreciative of what we have
artistmom889
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:57 AM
1 mom liked this

promises are critcally important A wedding vow is the most serious of all. Infidelity is a deal breaker, imho. I MIGHT forgive once, but ONLY once and only if my dh proved himself.

lovemercygrace
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:57 AM
Being faithful is very important to the both of us.
Melbornj
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 5:59 AM
I wouldn't be with someone who was unfaithful, complete deal breaker.
MarriedMyPrince
by Sarah on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:21 AM
1 mom liked this
being faithful means everything to me. we could be flat ass broke for the rest of our lives, have no nice things ever and we could still raise your children the way we want too. we would still have each other's true love for support. money and materials should never be your the love over your spouse. yes there nice but it's all empty and meaningless if you have no one truly faithful to share them with. that's good you found a faithful man,maybe he can teach you how to truly love and show you what it's like to be truly loved and wanted in every way. maybe one day you will realize that materials and money are replaceable and disposable but a man who truly loves you ISN'T. and that man will be your everything in life, no matter how much money you make. or the things you can buy. it will take time you spent a long time in a dead unfaithful marriage.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:23 AM
I understand. We have security.
Isaacsmom913
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:24 AM
Faithfulness. Money obviously doesnt buy happiness. With that said we aren't rich by any stretch but we are comfortable-we get one big vacation a year and weekends here or there done on the cheap. We have a house, groceries, and my son has clothes to keep him warm. If my hisband ever cheated I would be a single Mom with much less but we would deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 7:26 AM
It's not just the husbands job to make sure that a family is financially secure. If you don't like the way things are at the moment, why not better your situation yourself? Being faithful is very important to me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)