Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you praise your husband for taking care of the kids?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 73 Replies

So my husband has a very difficult boss to work for. He said his boss just gives him shit and doesn't thank him for doing what he is told to do by the boss. The way his boss wants him to do it. He says I do the same. He says he tell me all the time how good I do with the kids but I don't with him. He gets mad at things like me telling him, please don't cook in plastic in the microwave.  Do you tell your husband how good he is doing raising the kids?

Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this
No. We both know we are doing a good job and don't need praise for it....I find that very odd.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 8:57 AM
1 mom liked this
No.. it's expected. Your dh sounds like a whiny child
smorgan865
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this
I thank him occasionally if he's doing something that I normally do or if I'm at a meeting so he has dinner and bedtime, but he doesn't need praise and neither do I. I'd feel extremely uncomfortable with him telling me "how good I do with the kids".

I also don't really need to tell him what to do. He's got it. He's a parent, not a babysitter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:00 AM
No but then again we are both adults. I am
Not his mother, telling him what he needs to do. The shit would get real old real fast.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:02 AM
1 mom liked this
No. I mean...I guess we do try to be encouraging to each other when we think about it. Little things like, "I think you handled that well," or, "Thanks for getting breakfast done this morning."...just whatever. But we also call each other out if we feel the need.

Your dh sounds like maybe he could use some encouragement. Not that you can't ever tell him things like not cooking plastic in the microwave, but...try to notice when he's doing something right and then compliment him. Or thank him when you notice something he does that helps you, even if it's small.
corticosteroid
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:03 AM

My husband is the stay-at-home parent, I tell him all the time how great a job he's doing.

goodygumdrops
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I think most people like to hear praise for things that they do.  I'm a firm believer that you get more from others when you do acknowledge the positive.  Now that doesn't mean that I spend my day saying "Good job" for every little thing, because then the praise loses its appeal.  But I do try to incorporate it throughout my days.  

So to answer your question, yes I do praise my husband.  Just like I praise my kids, employees and co-workers.  I have found it's especially helpful when someone is having a bad day or just having a day of doubt with themselves.  

left.drowning
by underwater on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM
They are his kids too so no.

We don't need constant and consistent praise.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:04 AM
He thanks me and shows me appreciation for several things.
September-days
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Sounds like you treat him as a child instead of an adult , as in correcting him on things. All he's asking from you is a little praise once in a while instead of always correcting him.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)