Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How far is too far?

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM
  • 22 Replies

Okay, I've heard alot of these lines when relationships are about to be broken " Oh we can still be friends" Like seriously, does that phrase really remain even after the other is in a new relationship?

Well I remember how my hubby's ex use to call him every now and then at work, at home and even when we were on our vacation she kept calling and asking my hubby questions like " have you eaten, have u taken your bathe, what are you doing right now?", I mean it's crazy and the worst of it was when I celebrated my daughter's 1yr birthday, she came and I didn't know her then but later I got to find out and I was pissed. I asked my hubby severally if he still has the hots' for her and he said no that he was only keeping in touch with her cause they're friends but I saw a message she sent to him telling him how she misses him and I ask again, when it comes to do with your hubby's ex's how far is too far? cause for me this is the height of it.

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Missdameanor
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:49 AM
So you had a bday party for your child and the ex came but you didn't know she was the ex till after she left?
That's not okay. =(
mama_danetta
by She's so heavy on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM
If he has moved on, he needs to make that clear to her.
liltampa71
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:52 AM
My ex and I are still very friendly. We have a son together. And we co-parent wonderfully, however there's definitely a lot I do not cross out of respect for his current wife.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this

How do you have a birthday party and not know who your guests are?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:55 AM
My ex and I aren't friends. I'm friendly but I don't give a shit about him or his life. We talk kid stuff and then silence till the next kid topic comes up.
CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:57 AM
I wouldn't be OK with my husband's ex hanging around at all, ever. It seems weird unless they have kids keeping that door open. Thankfully I'm my husband's first girlfriend, so I never had to worry about that. But still, hypothetically speaking I wouldn't like it.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM

There's no reason to stay in touch unless kids are involved.  I wouldn't be happy with that, and there's also no point in BM being buddy buddy at this point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 9:59 AM

Howver far I'm expected to run is too far.

bubbs0809
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:07 AM
My ex and I aren't friends.
If it's not about the kids
I don't care and I hope he feels similar

Rennee431
by Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:08 AM

We had divided responsiblities that day, he took  care of the invitations, and I took care of the catering and decorations. I was so busy making sure everything falls into place and goes smoothely that I didn't pay much attention to the invitation cards.

Quoting corticosteroid:

How do you have a birthday party and not know who your guests are?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)