Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best family phone plans

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:55 AM
  • 40 Replies

If you have a family plan for your cellphones...

How many lines?
What does the bundle come with?

What service?
How much per month? 

by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
Dd and I have cricket. Its $35 each, unlimited everything.
kmeow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:00 AM
We use straight talk and I love it. $45/month/line for unlimited talk and text, plus ten gigs of data each.
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:01 AM

Bump for answers.

Our current phone situation is a mess.

OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM

My husband has had Virgin for ever and ever so he gets a great rate of $27/month for unlimited data, text, and phone...But we HAVE TO always make sure we keep up on the bill because the first time we default he'll lose that plan.

PoisonEyeV
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:02 AM

So you pay $45 for each person?

I have straight talk for myself...but both my daughters don't have anything...they just use wifi. We're getting rid of our house phone and I think it's time they get service on their phones.

Quoting kmeow: We use straight talk and I love it. $45/month/line for unlimited talk and text, plus ten gigs of data each.

PoisonEyeV
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:05 AM

You can't pay a full years worth or even half?

Quoting OwlNuggets:

My husband has had Virgin for ever and ever so he gets a great rate of $27/month for unlimited data, text, and phone...But we HAVE TO always make sure we keep up on the bill because the first time we default he'll lose that plan.

kmeow
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM
Yup. I don't mind paying it. We had US Cellular for a while that was supposed to be similarly priced, but they tacked on a bunch of standard fees each month and it ended up being a bunch more. Straight talk doesn't do that.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

So you pay $45 for each person?

I have straight talk for myself...but both my daughters don't have anything...they just use wifi. We're getting rid of our house phone and I think it's time they get service on their phones.

Quoting kmeow: We use straight talk and I love it. $45/month/line for unlimited talk and text, plus ten gigs of data each.

amandajean78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:06 AM
We have 4 lines, unlimited talk, text, and data for $180 per month through AT&T.
I live in a rural area, and the only companies that provide here are AT&T and Verizon .
OwlNuggets
by HAIL NUGGY! on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM

We tried, it calculates the average plan amount ($35) when we do that, but month-by-month stays the same rate.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

PoisonEyeV
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:09 AM

Sounds like a pain in the ass lol

Quoting OwlNuggets:

We tried, it calculates the average plan amount ($35) when we do that, but month-by-month stays the same rate.

Quoting PoisonEyeV:

Quoting OwlNuggets:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)