Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Age for American Girl doll?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 43 Replies
I'm going to get the Lea doll from Kohls because she matches my daughter's coloring the best. She turns 3 in Spring so I'm going to save it until then. Do you think that's too young? She plays pretty nicely and has Breyer horses that she treats well. I guess since they are expensive I'd like her to have it and be interested for as long as possible. Thanks!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:17 AM

I think it should be okay. Just show her how to take care of it. 

kam0011
by Bronze Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I get that walmart and toys r us brand for my 3 year old right now. She doesn't know the difference yet. She is happy with whatever doll we get her.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:23 AM
Understandable. The cost isn't an issue, and I kinda want to get her the real thing. I just wanted to acknowledge that I know it's expensive for a doll, so I don't want to wait until she's older (they say 8+) and have her play with it for a year!

Quoting kam0011: I get that walmart and toys r us brand for my 3 year old right now. She doesn't know the difference yet. She is happy with whatever doll we get her.
Spam72
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:26 AM
My 2 year old has 5 American girl dolls. She loves them
alli1204
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:28 AM
My dd started with AG dolls when she was 5. She has 6 now (plus TONS of AG accessories) and couldnt care less about them. She'll be 10 in march. 😕
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:30 AM
My DD got 2 at age 7. At age 10 she hardly touches them.
corticosteroid
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Age never.  Those things are a fucking nightmare.

Mom2_Jimmy_Anka
by Samantha on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM

The only worry I would have is the hair. Since Lea's is a bit curly it may be an issue. I would braid it when she plays with it. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:39 AM
Awesome! My mom is going to get her the horse. I know she'll be super excited! She has baby dolls that she's very sweet with. I kinda want to skip the Bitty Baby and go right to the girl doll.

Quoting Spam72: My 2 year old has 5 American girl dolls. She loves them
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:41 AM
Thanks, that's a good idea. My daughter has wavy/curly hair so we do lots of things to keep it "under control", lol!

Quoting Mom2_Jimmy_Anka:

The only worry I would have is the hair. Since Lea's is a bit curly it may be an issue. I would braid it when she plays with it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)