Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I let my kids go out in 50 degree weather in tank tops and shorts

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
We live in Mo so October weather can be in the upper 80s one day and in the 40s the next. The kids refuse to listen to me when I tell them they need to wear long pants or a jacket and it's been a big fight. So last night I told them it may be warm.now but the temperature will drop to very cold soon. They refused to listen to me so I let them wear shorts and spaghetti straps out to dinner and the grocery store. They were constantly complaining of being freezing. I told them too bad, hopefully next time you will listen to mom. I got stopped by several busy bodies wanting to know why I dressed my kids that way and I told them. One old lady threatened to call cps on me but I don't care. Hopefully they learned a lesson.
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:33 AM
I've done that with my son.
Ginger0104
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM

I've done that for a while.  We rarely get freezing temps, but if their dumb butts want to be cold that's on them.  It's not a fight I want to have.  

spmmmommie
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:34 AM
I refuse to argue with my kids about clothes. But I have taken all of the summer clothes out of rotation.
Crazy-Steph
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:35 AM
I was wth you until the several people stopped you part. And the CPS part was way over the top.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:36 AM
Bump
Danesmommy1
by Grammar Enthusiast on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:37 AM
I lived in Alaska for a few years, temps in the 50s is beach weather.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:37 AM
I let them sleep in tanks and shorts or use them for layering.

Quoting spmmmommie: I refuse to argue with my kids about clothes. But I have taken all of the summer clothes out of rotation.
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM
My dd gave me guff yesterday morning when I made her wear her coat. She then thanked me when she got home Beaune it was cold at recess.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:39 AM

I opened this thinking you lived in MN. That's shorts weather for us.

CheerioHolder
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM
I don't argue with my kids over dressing for weather either. I'll give them advice, but not force what I think they should wear. If they're comfortable then that's all that matters. If they're not comfortable, they'll live and learn for next time.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)