Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I fix this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
I downloaded something on my phone. It's called power torch. It's not what I thought it was and it has puts adds on my phone nonstop. Now I'm getting warnings about viruses saying I need to download something else. Not doing that...

I tried to uninstall it but it's not letting me. Do I need to do a factory reset?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:35 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LilysMama719
by Emmy on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM
Yikes, I don't know. Here's a bump for someone who might.
madamlunna213
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:59 AM
Did you get it off Googleplay you can delete it from there. You might try going to your Application manager in settings and see if you can shut it down or delete it there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Here is something I found >> 

If you open up Settings and go to Security, you should find (depending on your device) either Device administrators (such as on Motorola devices) or Phone administrators (such as on LG devices). Once inside that screen, you should see a listing of apps that have been given administrator privileges.  In order to remove an app's privilege, tap to uncheck the app in question. You'll then be prompted to Deactivate the privileges. At this point, you should be able to go into Settings | Application manager (or Apps on some devices), locate and tap the app listing, and then tap Uninstall to remove the app.

Hopefully you figure it out. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)