Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do as a parent that your parents did...

Posted by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM
  • 17 Replies
And you said you never would?

Raising my children, every Saturday, me and the kids went shopping. They got lunch and a new toy or a craft project. DD said she wasn't going to do that with her son.

She just returned from Toys R Us, and breakfast out, for the fourth Saturday in a row with a new toy for GS. I laughed and she said "I know, don't say it". Haha
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjames1990
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:54 AM
Bump
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:55 AM

yell when I'm angry, otherwise I tried to do the complete opposite.

jjames1990
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 11:58 AM
1 mom liked this
My mother and father never raised her voice. I was a screamer. DD, I've only heard her raise her voice to GS once. Maybe it skips a generation? Lol

Quoting LAXmom21:

yell when I'm angry, otherwise I tried to do the complete opposite.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:01 PM
If we ever broke anything my mom would know exactly how long she'd owned it. So she would say, I had this before so and so was even born!

I thought it was ridiculous but I said the same thing to dd the other day hahaha.
jjames1990
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:06 PM
Haha, that is funny.

Quoting Anonymous 1: If we ever broke anything my mom would know exactly how long she'd owned it. So she would say, I had this before so and so was even born!

I thought it was ridiculous but I said the same thing to dd the other day hahaha.
meriana
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:11 PM

I've never censored what book(s) my kids chose to read, the only rule being that they be able to understand what they were reading and discuss any problem areas with me. My dad was the same way which lead to me reading a lot of things at pretty early ages.

jjames1990
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:14 PM
I was nine when my mother introduced me to Geoffrey Chaucer. When I was 15, I realized why my dad was upset about that. There were some racy situations. Lol

Quoting meriana:

I've never censored what book(s) my kids chose to read, the only rule being that they be able to understand what they were reading and discuss any problem areas with me. My dad was the same way which lead to me reading a lot of things at pretty early ages.

meriana
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:30 PM

Quoting jjames1990: I was nine when my mother introduced me to Geoffrey Chaucer. When I was 15, I realized why my dad was upset about that. There were some racy situations. Lol
Quoting meriana:

That's funny!

MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:33 PM
Nothing. I pretty much do the complete opposite
PJMM
by Ruby Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM
I say sorry doesn't help. I used to hate when my mom said that. But i add you have to make this right. And if i feel I've overreacted i apologize and explain myself. My mother really could have used anger management when we were growing up. I get angry too but i do try to temper it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)