Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cat help!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies
So the cat we just got about a month ago has started getting In my one year olds crib at night!!! Last night he was on her face! How do i stop this? I got the cat for my 2 year old as a companion animal because animals help her calm down. I don't want to have to rehome him but I won't have him smothering my baby either! Idk what to do!
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Maddogsmommy
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:28 PM
Can you keep the cat out? I would think that would be the only way. Close the door every time and don't allow the cat to go in there.
Glitch202
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:29 PM

Well she wasn't trying to smother your baby, she was trying to mother your baby.  Try putting something over the top of the crib to keep the cat out.  Or closing the door to your baby's room.

firespurity
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:32 PM
Cats just want to cuddle with small children and keep them warm. They don't realize that they are a suffocation hazard.

A net over the crib. Locking the cat in your toddler's room at night. Spray bottle during the day to create a negative association.
zombiemegg
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Get a baby monitor and close the door?
Austinsmom35
by Silver Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:39 PM
We put our cats in their "bedroom" at night before bed. The boys "tuck" them in. Otherwise, they'd be on everyone's head all night.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:42 PM
Put a screen door on the babies room and keep the cat out. A friend set up her crib prior to birth and their cat got used to sleeping there. While baby was in their room, prior to solo sleeping, they filled the crib with balloons. It stopped the cat from using the crib but the screen door worked for another friend.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM
I was going to suggest this

Quoting Anonymous 2: Put a screen door on the babies room and keep the cat out. A friend set up her crib prior to birth and their cat got used to sleeping there. While baby was in their room, prior to solo sleeping, they filled the crib with balloons. It stopped the cat from using the crib but the screen door worked for another friend.
adp_3805
by Platinum Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:01 PM

Shut the door.

FFS it's not rocket science. Eitehr shut the cat in say the bathrooma at night where the litter box is or shut the baby's door. 

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:12 PM
Shut the door??
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Oct. 22, 2016 at 1:14 PM

I would probably keep the cat in your toddler's room at night or shut the door to the baby's room. Cats are sneaky, though! Make sure you know the cat's not in there before you go to bed. Mine sometimes still try to sneak in where they are not supposed to go. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)