Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your husband have low testosterone? Is it a common issue?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 45 Replies
What are the side effects?
Is he seeking treatment?

I decided to be nosy and review DHs health history through Kaiser Permanente. Several years ago (before we were together), his testosterone was tested. Normal range is 300-800, he was at 185.

He is 6'1" with a deep voice, is highly competitive in sports, and has a hairy chest, so I'm not sure he looks to have "Low T" although he is very skinny with little muscle tone (he gets a little more when he lifts weights).

He has almost no sex drive, although he is always grabbing my butt, telling me I'm sexy. He can get an erection, but he only gets 80% hard. If I want sex more than once a month, I have to initiate.

I'm sad because his lack of sex drive has caused me to feel undesirable and ruined my self image.

What should I do? Tell him I know and ask him to seek treatment?
Posted by Anonymous on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:41 PM
Yes, tell him to get treatment. I give my husband injections twice a month. It helps with his mood swings too. He gets really bitchy with the low T.
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:41 PM

Have him cut out any food products with soy in them. You'll have to read each label because it is in almost anything these days and will raise estrogen levels. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:43 PM
Any tips on how to approach this without offending him? He gets very upset if he feels as though he is being criticized.

Quoting Anonymous 2: Yes, tell him to get treatment. I give my husband injections twice a month. It helps with his mood swings too. He gets really bitchy with the low T.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:44 PM
Okay thanks, I have little control over what he eats, but I will try.

Quoting PrettyWings29:

Have him cut out any food products with soy in them. You'll have to read each label because it is in almost anything these days and will raise estrogen levels. 

jjames1990
by on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes. He gets injections. Now he wants to have Sex all the time! He also has a shorter temper. But he isn't getting headaches anymore and isn't tired all the time. I'm happy for him.
PrettyWings29
by Caribbean Queen on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:48 PM

You're welcome...hope it helps him. 

Quoting Anonymous 1: Okay thanks, I have little control over what he eats, but I will try.
Quoting PrettyWings29:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:50 PM
I haven't mentioned it to my dh but I'm assuming something is up because he is 23 and rarely ever wants sex. We've had sex 4 times in the last 9-10 months and it's been initiated by me every time. I think even those times he kind of just did it cuz he knew I wanted it (I always want it) and we hadn't done it in so long he felt bad. I mean he was into it and everything but I know if I hadn't been the one to instigate it wouldn't have happened.
PinkButterfly66
by Sapphire Member on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM

Low testosterone causes all kinds of health problems, not to mention low libido and low energy.  Other health risks include elevated cholesterol, prostate related disease (aka cancer), loss of muscle mass, loss of bone density, diabetes, chronic illness.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:52 PM
How did he arrive upon the decision to get help? How did he find out he had an issue?

Quoting jjames1990: Yes. He gets injections. Now he wants to have Sex all the time! He also has a shorter temper. But he isn't getting headaches anymore and isn't tired all the time. I'm happy for him.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Oct. 22, 2016 at 12:53 PM
I know the feeling, I'm sorry!

Quoting Anonymous 3: I haven't mentioned it to my dh but I'm assuming something is up because he is 23 and rarely ever wants sex. We've had sex 4 times in the last 9-10 months and it's been initiated by me every time. I think even those times he kind of just did it cuz he knew I wanted it (I always want it) and we hadn't done it in so long he felt bad. I mean he was into it and everything but I know if I hadn't been the one to instigate it wouldn't have happened.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)